Lake "O" Sat Dec 20th, 2014.

moxie

With the weather gods promising a spectacular weekend of weather for this time of year we had intended to go to Quinte for another round of Walleye fishing but as we all know the Christmas holidays can throw any plans into disarray and they did. We instead settled for a spot closer to home.

Now this time of year can be a bit tricky if one wants to get on the water and this trip didn't disappoint. Although the road to our destination showed few clues that winter had set in the inch + of ice at the ramp told the real story.

Once the trailer broke through the ice I fire the up the two stroke, get her up to temperature and while still hooked up to the trailer, throw her in gear in the hopes of making enough of a wake to clear a path for us to make our way out to the lake.

With winds almost non existent and the warmth of the sun on our faces we set out or spread and fished 7-14 feet of water again pulling sticks as we had done in the spring and the fish entertained us with 1 Brown and 3 Rainbow, one of which broke us off as it left the water in an attempt to shake the hooks.

They say if there is a "will" there is a "way" so regardless the time of year if there is any "way" I can get out on the soft water I most certainly "will".

Heres a link to a short 20 second slideshow, Merry Christmas to all.

Edited by moxie