Well Craft Boats, Thoughts ?

Afraz

Hello Folks,

What are your thoughts on Wellcraft boats, i was looking at an 2001 160 Fisherman Model, and liked the way it looked, but wasn't too happy about how low it sat on the water, other then how it looks, i dont know much else about it. And haven't found very much information online either.

It's mated to a Merc 75 Horse, and that's about all i know at the moment.

What are your thoughts, on this make and this specific model ?

I do quite a bit of down rigging, but was getting tired of a 200 Litre fuel tank, a 21 foot trophy and pushing thousands of lbs of fiberglass around for no reason. It's time to settle down into something light and similarly disposed as the trophy, i know i'll have to pick and choose my days for getting out on the lake, but that is a sacrifice i am willing to make for better fuel economy, from a newer motor and something i can manage on my own without having to rely on a group.

Thank You

Afraz

No idea on their smaller boats, but the bigger ones were comparable to a Sea Ray in quality. I went from a 24 foot SeaRay to a 17 foot SmokerCraft, although it did limit the days on Lake Erie because of the weather, it did open up options for fishing inland waters where wind and waves weren't as much of a factor.

No idea on their smaller boats, but the bigger ones were comparable to a Sea Ray in quality. I went from a 24 foot SeaRay to a 17 foot SmokerCraft, although it did limit the days on Lake Erie because of the weather, it did open up options for fishing inland waters where wind and waves weren't as much of a factor.

I am not familiar with Sea Ray quality ? so is that to say that they are good boats ?

Not to turn this into a Ford-Chevy-Chrysler debate, and also consider it has been almost 30 years since I have owned one. SeaRay and Wellcraft were heavier boats than say a BayLiner of the same size, they rode the water better and seemed to have less issues with quality.

BayLiners seemed to be near the bargain basement for bigger boats, two of my brothers owned BayLiners, both had problems, with quality issues and dealer service.