favorite cultural food

outllaw

guys and ladies. while we just went thru a upsetting turmoil here . lets talk. whats yer favorite ethnic food. seeing as canucks and mostly immigrated years ago or parents. whats your favorite home made favorite culturally.

I will start mines my wifes borsch.. perogies home made artery pluggin good.

We love to cook as a family, so I could list many lol. Im ukranian, norwegian, german and italian(mutt lol) and my better half is aboriginal, so we have a wide range and sometimes we incorporate everything haha

I too love borsch and puddaha. I also love fry bread, gnoicchi, pastas with home made sauce.

I think my favorites though are slow cooked stews that incorperate whattever fresh ingredients and spices we have at the time. there always abit different but always super tasty

I love Italian food, nothing beats my moms homemade manicotti. Now if we're talking about something completely different, then the goat roti at Shandras Roti Shop on Maingate in Mississauga is to die for. I'm also a sucker for good Indian food as well.

Edited by BillM

chicken paprikash, just like gramma used to make old Hungarian fav. ,must have dumplings with it also.

I just had this for the first time in a small "gastropub" in New Jersey a few weeks ago. Funny cuz it was listed on the menu as "grammas recipe" lol

btw, dont ask me what a "gastropub" is........I do not know :dunno:

my italian grandfather makes the same thing for breakfast everyday and its awesome. he makes a homemade flat bread but the name escapes me? almost like a pancake. the its just topped with linguinni noodles, olive oil, salt pepper and some oregeno. then abit of parmesan cheese

hes eaten it his whole life and laughs cause it cost like maybe $2 to make a few plates

Mine is probably my Oma's Gehaktbal, or her roast beef (made that yesterday) slow simmered in butter and cloves, served with garlic mashed, sourkrout and pepper corns.

Rookworst stamppot is another favourite in my house.

G

Edited by Gerritt

I just had this for the first time in a small "gastropub" in New Jersey a few weeks ago. Funny cuz it was listed on the menu as "grammas recipe" lol

btw, dont ask me what a "gastropub" is........I do not know :dunno:

my gramma's(RIP) has lived on through my mom and now my wife

I acquired a taste for Chinese Food when I lived at Spadina and College 25 years ago. I can never turn down a good Dim Sum restaurant and love BBQ pork and duck. I am not a huge fan of mainstream Chinese restaurants and love going back to the old stomping grounds and visiting the restaurants.

I also love Vietnamese food, roti and Japanese cuisine.

Anything my dad makes (Caribbean food) especially his home made Roti. Also Lamb Sharwarma Kebabs and there is nothing like a traditional English Sunday Roast (lamb, yorkshire puds, roasties ,greens, swede and carrot mash drowned in gravy). A new addition to my favourite cuisine from 'other' cultures is a Canadian fish fry!

Used to love going to Christina's on the Danforth after getting out of the clubs.

A big fan of Asian cuisine as well as Italian.

Dave, I work with the owner's son :) this kid eats with a knife and fork everyday for lunch:) We also get it catered here at work once in a while. Amazing food.

being Italian any good home cooked meals for me, wife is a fantastic cook and I'm a close second! :)

theres a little hungaria restaurant here . the stuffed peppers and borsh are amazing 10 seats. the ole girl passed it on to her daughter. the foods to die for. im amazed at the great foods mentioned. that's another reason why Canada,s so successful. . were truly lucky people.