Your sleds!

Rod Caster

Those old safaris are great sleds. I used to have an old citation 250, it worked well for ice fishing. Not much guts, but would get you there and back and easy to lift if your stuck. Recover your seat with black duct tape. I did one like that on the citation, it wasn't pretty but did the job.

Edited by porkpie

Those old safaris are great sleds. I used to have an old citation 250, it worked well for ice fishing. Not much guts, but would get you there and back and easy to lift if your stuck. Recover your seat with black duct tape. I did one like that on the citation, it wasn't pretty but did the job.

Yeah we've got an '83 citation that's been around since néw, I learned to ride on that machine, never skipped a beat and never had to put any real work into it, just primers so she starts first pull every time. I've actually cut my new plywood, drilled the holes and what not and just finished doing the first coat of varnish today. Then I'm giving it all to my GF and she's having it recovered for me, it's my xmas present. Will be a more comfortable ride than a toolbox lol.

Great deal for $500,let me know if you find another one!!!!What a difference a sled makes.And to think I sold my last one 15 years ago,having them since I was 14.What was I thinking lol.

Davey, that was a bad bad decision, I think you should rectify that asap :)

i honestly have no clue how you guys fish without sleds, i guess simcoe etc get blown off a lot more. In my area you wouldnt want to walk more than a kilometer before youd pass out from exhaustion from crawling through knee deep snow.

My brother walked half way out to our spot on Saturday while waiting for my dad to come pick him up on the sled, he took a nice nap shortly after.

IMG_0022.JPG