Your sleds!

Rod Caster

• 3 weeks later...

My pilot buddy Cam knows the outpost owners, so we went for a ride and thought we would check on the camps.

100_3301_zpsbc5e5449.jpg

This was kind of interesting. The one camp had mad trapper snowshoe tracks around it and a broken window. We were thinking- "what a butt head, he threw a rock through the window"

100_3297_zps9b3f13ec.jpg

We look closer and there's a dead grouse on the floor that flew through the window and the tracks go to the outhouse, Hahaha

100_3299_zps4abdf9f5.jpg

We fixed it as best we could.

100_3300_zps5b5d6e0e.jpg

+12? Enjoy that man!

Your sled is running great, that's cool.

My Bravo had a hiccup, any input is appreciated.

We are leaving the ice hut late at night, she starts fine as usual, as soon as I crack the throttle it quits, I release the throttle, it idle/ purrs along, repeat, same thing, etc???

I towed it in this morning. I'm thinking ice in the fuel system/ carb? The plug looked way too hot (lean).

I did get to ride my buddy's 1200 4 stroke to get home, crazy torque off the line.

Chris. Spray some ether around the primary clutch while it's idling see if the revs come up. then do the same on the mag side. If the revs come up the seal is no good. Also check the choke make sure it's seating properly.

Good advice.^^ Also check the rubber carb mounting flange for cracks or leaks.

+12? Enjoy that man!

Your sled is running great, that's cool.

We are leaving the ice hut late at night, she starts fine as usual, as soon as I crack the throttle it quits, I release the throttle, it idle/ purrs along, repeat, same thing, etc???

I towed it in this morning. I'm thinking ice in the fuel system/ carb? The plug looked way too hot (lean).

I did get to ride my buddy's 1200 4 stroke to get home, crazy torque off the line.

depending on the year of the bravo sounds like the TORS is acting up.

If the sled has no tether cord kill switch probably has tors if that the case jump the two wires at carb switch and retest

Also can be set off by binding freezing cable or fun flapper

It's a 91, I don't know what TORS or fun flapper is, no tether chord though

I did change the plug that night, as a hail marry, no difference Joey

It was a warm day, a squall came through and the temperature dropped quick, then the problem, I'm thinking like Pics but instead of crud, ice

I just left it in front of my buddies heated garage, he wasn't there, hoping he has it solved by the time I get back up, Hahaha

It's a 91, I don't know what TORS or fun flapper is, no tether chord though

I did change the plug that night, as a hail marry, no difference Joey

It was a warm day, a squall came through and the temperature dropped quick, then the problem, I'm thinking like Pics but instead of crud, ice

I just left it in front of my buddies heated garage, he wasn't there, hoping he has it solved by the time I get back up, Hahaha

TORS throttle overide reduction system. Used in place of tether.

Fun flapper=thumb throttle lever

TORS throttle overide reduction system. Used in place of tether.

Fun flapper=thumb throttle lever

that makes sense

I must say, Bernie is MIA, he got this new cool job up north, and now can't be bothered with us folks, shame, shame :)

Edited by chris.brock

If the plugs look too lean, I doubt you're losing spark (ie TORS/TSS or coil issues) If it was a spark issue, your plugs would be wet and black. Ice is a possibility, but lean can also be caused by leaking crankseals or a cracked carb flange or even just a gummed up carb. I'd be looking at fuel system first.

If the plugs look too lean, I doubt you're losing spark (ie TORS/TSS or coil issues) If it was a spark issue, your plugs would be wet and black. Ice is a possibility, but lean can also be caused by leaking crankseals or a cracked carb flange or even just a gummed up carb. I'd be looking at fuel system first.

Tors is very common issue for yamaha and takes about 2 minutes to check before tearing into fuel and seal problems.

Tors is very common issue for yamaha and takes about 2 minutes to check before tearing into fuel and seal problems.

It is on Cats too, but TORS or TSS problems result in wet/black rich looking plugs not dry grey/white lean looking plugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my ice fishing ride, a 1988 Yamaha Enticer 340. Purchased Dec 2013 for $750. Ran great last year right up to closing day March 15 when I attempted to run from Oro Line 11 back to Barrie. I made it right to my front door, but had to stop 8-10 times for overheating plugs. It's getting a new coil, fuel pump and lines this week. A late start but there's still plenty of fishing to be had :)

F4EDF925-D573-456F-AE95-059CCF8EEC35_zps

14F20DAF-EE45-4137-9FE5-5611F2767E77_zps

00F320F4-3BCA-428F-A259-AE1BDD6EFDB0_zps

forgot to post about this, I am 26 years old so not an old timer and I play hockey 3 times a week and work out so im by no means in bad shape etc.

3 weeks ago i was up at the cottage with pops...after a long day riding we went to load up the sleds on the trailer back at the cottage. Low and behold one of the skis on my sled was one notch too far to the left on the runners so a lift and readjustment to get the door closed was required. Stupid me i reach from outside of the trailer, in across my body and lift the sled...during which i feel a pop/crack

My dad looks at me...you hurt yourself didnt you? yup...

dislocated my sacroiliac joint and my whole hip was stuck pronated forward completely out...spent the rest of the night on the couch, and the next 2 days in agony...went to physio on monday, nope sorry bud youre muscles are in too much spasm to reset it, keep trying to stretch and get things loosened up a bit.

Tuesday massage therapy, accupuncture and a bunch of celebrex

Finally wednesday arrives and i go to physio...a few yanks of my leg...doc puts me in a figure four and pushes my knee downwards...POPOPOPOPOPOPOP and my back is back in...2 weeks of physio later and im back to somewhat normal.

Moral of the story, dont be an idiot when lifting sleds cause they are bloody heavy and will eff you up.