Your sleds!

Rod Caster

I thought you has a skandic only? Did you sell it and then buy the tundra?

Yes, I sold the Skandic last January and bought the Tundra. Only paid $400 for it. Skandic was too big for Alex. I also bought a tiny little Dave Genz Fish Trap Lite. Single person flip over hut. It will be good for exploring.

This is my current ice fishing affair. 1998 Skidoo Touring 500 with a total of 2,150 miles on it so far. A very dependable sled.. so much so I tried to buy it's twin a week or so ago from someone over by Bailieboro, but it was sold before I could get there.

Hey I just bought this exact same machine yesterday.

It has 9,400 Klm showing on the clock; what maintenance do you suggest?

Compression is approx 135psi in both cylinders.

Seems to run good, as far as I can tell here in the shop; there's no snow anywhere close by too put it under load.

Dan.

Copy of Sled 001.jpg

Copy of Sled 002.jpg

its good to know that my 500ss can still shake it with an 800.

Best pass on the SS was 108

The thing goes 95 through powder any day.

Id love to ride the newer Rev XP's though when they shaved an additional hundred pounds off the machine.

Keep dreamin' bud...

If you're 500ss is the same as my buds 500ss which I believe was the old 600 carb motor put in the rev chassis you'd be lucky to hit 95mph on radar.... Who needs to go that fast anyways.... :whistling:

Back to the 550 polaris motor yup cooling was the issue there. Not sure what I was thinking about :wallbash:

Just don't ride one through 2 feet of powder with 2 guys on one and I'm sure there fine...Right Bill.

Best deal of this thread is still chads tundra for 125 though....

Got mine up to just under 90mph, , it was climbing still when I eased off as I was running out of lake. Its a Ski Doo Expedition, 1200 4 Tec with a 154x20" track.

Its getting its pre-season done at the dealers, can't wait till Monday….take the dog for a walk on the lake :canadian:

Maybe it was 117 KMs :D

lol I just edited that into my post haha

im not a big sled guy so now I think about it my statement sounded redonkulous.

even 117km per hour felt Very fast lol

on my second run I hit an ice road and it scared the living you know what outta me. thought I was dead for sure!

im no speed demon thats for sure haha

Wound out the old indy trail to 73.5mph on gps last year :clapping: I thought that was pretty good for the old girl.

Never wound out my xc 700 but it would make it to 90mph on the speedo pretty fast.

Just crept past my brothers '98 XCR 440 on my '95 XLT special freshly rebuilt bored 40 thou over. Speedo said 103, but I'd put it closer to 93.

Aaah love the old sled memories....

170 KMs on a hard packed lake is pretty scary but 120 in waist deep power is pretty relaxing. :whistling:

yeah sounds like it lol.

first time I went trail riding with my pops was crazy. I got left way behind in our groups. I was thinking how the heck do these guys make these turns that fast???

after i got more comfortable it was just pure fun though! travel like 300 klicks just to get a few beers and a meal haha

when we fish sawbill its awesome. throttle up and were on the spot in 4 minutes or so, wicked fun!

i dont even know what kind of sleds he has other then there ski doo. I think one is a 800 MXZ the other is 1200?

Edited by manitoubass2