Your sleds!

Rod Caster

Promised Chris Brock about 3 months ago I'd post pics of my sleds. Here they are!

'89 Tundra, I think regular track. Runs like a top, burns out headlights and needs new sliders, no big deal. Only paid $125 for it!

'90 (?) Yamaha Bravo, LT I think. My brothers sled, but he keeps it at my place. Runs ok. In pretty terrible condition, needs new track, tailight, seat and probably many other parts. I don't use it much because I don't want to be stuck with the repair bills.

IMG_0566_zpsd40a67e5.jpg

IMG_0567_zpsa003e5a9.jpg

IMG_0568_zps21623a79.jpg

IMG_0569_zps319523b9.jpg

IMG_0570_zps8a8d7cb2.jpg

IMG_0571_zps6ca12344.jpg

IMG_0572_zps520c549c.jpg

They are both LTs, the Bravo looks like early 90's, the COs in my area used Tundras like yours, very cool bush sleds Chad

I had my new to me Bravo LT out for a first run on the weekend, no complaints, it ran good

We can use this thread for our sled pics all winter :)

'01 Polaris 550 Sport Touring. Over 12 000 km's and still running well. May be my last year with it as I'd like to pick up a slightly older Indy 440/500

C5295863-84D3-4601-BB31-68A05A947E3C_zps

And my new toy! 1990 Safari 377 LE. Didn't move for 2.5 yrs and started first pull! Really nothing wrong with it, but needs a rear shock and i may replace the track at the same time

9390468A-9051-44B8-89CE-082E4FD3CE41_zps

Freshtrax: The white XC's were my 'dream' sleds for years! Great looking machine.

12ft: Is that the 488 indy trail? That is one bullet proof engine. I had a 1995 Indy Trail for years and other than some rear suspension issues, it was a ridiculously reliable machine. I've read a lot of bad things about the 550 engines in the Edge Chassis, beware of rebuilt 550's.

I know what your saying. Id love a switchback assault....a man can dream.

Sick sled, brother got one last year..... :worthy:

Posted Image

Chad, The first few years of the 550's there was issues for sure. There was a fix can't quite remember what it was. Have to jog my polaris walking encyclopedia brothers mind for that one. Think they ironed the issue out around 05 or 06?

From what I researched, it was simply an overheating issue due to the design of the Edge hood. They then used nicasil? coating on the cylinders or the walls . Might have been some earlier issues too that I'm unaware of.

Edited by Rod Caster

my old sled given us by my father in law a few xmas back. so far its been great but it only sees the ice a few times per year. im no sled head, in fact all I can tell you is this is a yamaha. sometimes needs a little fuel on the plug to start. any ideas why or how I can fix that? i literally know nothing about snowmobiles lol

20141125_185528_zpszlqpvkan.jpg

usually im out with my dad and he has two nice new sleds

he has two of these and they ride real nice

IMG_64353546152059_zpsxzpwvbxo.jpeg