WNY storm pics

blaque

That's wid. Thought I saw where temps could hit the 50's by Monday. That could cerate another mess for the folks up there.

Just imagine how heavy that 7 or 8 feet of snow on the roofs will be when the warm temps arrive.

Just imagine how heavy that 7 or 8 feet of snow on the roofs will be when the warm temps arrive.

I think he was just having fun with us. Like " what is heavier a pound of lead or a pound of feathers ??" But yes , rain will make the situation very bad.

I think he was just having fun with us. Like " what is heavier a pound of lead or a pound of feathers ??" But yes , rain will make the situation very bad.

I think you are right. 7 feet of snow on a roof weighs the same or LESS once the temp rise and it finally starts to melt, at least as far as weight on the roof. And as Lew has said it now heavier to shovel it off, but no need to unless rain is in the forecast.

So far down here there have been 30 roof collapses, and i believe 70 partial collapses. They evacuated a nursing home in the town next to me for fear of a collapse (2 elderly folks died during the transport which makes the death total 12). Ive seen states of emergency come and go over the years with snow storms, but this one.......is the real deal

The pictures are incredible. You really have to be prepared down there.

I hope your community is getting the state and federal support it needs. I'm surprised there have not been more deaths. I believe snow shovelling alone results in a large number of heart attacks each year.

Good luck.