simcoe smallies Aren't camera shy- nov 14 report video heavy

chrismarkz

For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to schedule a date on Erie for some November Smallies, but with work and these relentless west winds nothing has materialized. So on Friday I seen a small break in the wind hoping I could get out to Erie but the bouy maker at Port Colborne was still showing 4-5 footers. So opted out and retreated to Kempenfelt Bay, not knowing Barrie would get hit with a 6-8" of snow.

Knowing these Smallies well, I figured they would still have the same attitude that they had last time and the time before that...... they don't like any thing but large schools of shiners. I wanted to try out a new plastic; Jackall Pintail on C-rig. First pass I make 2 fish in the boat, Nothing huge 3 lbers but a good start. After that I made multiple passes on my stretch with nothing to show. A lot of birds around, in the deeper water so I start cruising and found a large school of fish with bait above. thinking it was Deeper fish; whities, lakers or herring I left it alone.

Arrived at Spot 2 and the same thing spotty fish with bait, only shallower, 40 FOW. This is when I dropped my camera in and started recording. To my avail Smallies stack on top of each other. With the large amount of bait for these fish to take at any time they desire, it is with reason why they don't want to eat anything I offer. By dropped my 12' floro leaders to 6lbs test and down sizing hooks and bait, I figured it would convince their well trained eye to tap my offering. NOTHING.

To conclude the Samllies in K-Bay are fed well from 25' to 60' FOW , They do not like to be bothered by our Drop shots, Jigs or anything else tied to a line, and they love the Camera.

School of smallies Maybe 100 Fish?

Drop From 50 to 80 FOW

Watch at 25 Sec mark Smallie Blows through a bait ball

3 big boys on a Xmas tree

At the 3 min mark a donkey on a rock

Small | Large

These 3 big boys lead the camera for about 100 yards

And the Main Course