Quinte success....

mike rousseau

Headed up to Quinte tues-wed-thurs this week... My biggest goal was at least 1 walleye over 10lbs and I wound consider the trip a success...

The weather was nasty... 30km/hr winds pretty much for 3 days straight with some gusts way stronger... Made it challenging to fish in a 16 foot tiller... But we managed...

Boated 7 walleye and 2 sheepshead in 3 days fishing... We weren't able to fish a lot of hours per day due to the wind so we were happy with our results...

And we landed 2 really big fish...

First up a 19 pound sheepshead!!!!

image-124.jpg

And the true trophy of the trip was this fat 12 pound walleye... 30.5"x19"

image-125.jpg

It was a challenging trip and with that weather we all had little patience and short fuses but there were no punches thrown... Lol... But a few hugs after catching that tanker... And several beers to celebrate...

Not sure if I'll make it back up this year again but now it's time to get some local piggies...

Mike

Way to go Mike, thanks for the report. I'm heading down Monday for 4 days. By the looks of the weather and wind it's going to be a challenging trip.

Are any fish in the triangle or are they down the reach, Kieth's, Lighthouse, Bat-cave or farther?

You can tell right away if it's a Sheephead or Walleye,

Edited by Fish Farmer

Thanks everyone...

Felt good to get back on the e Larry and get some fast action...

Took my dad out for what might be our last trip together this year and lit em up... About 20 walleye in 2 hours... All 16-20 inches... Good eaters....

Then got out for 3 hours this afternoon and got 4 more including a double header of 7 pounders...