TV Question NF

Loonietoon

Find a close out Panasonic or Samsung plasma. should be discounted now that they are discontinued. Still the best picture quality for the price.

x2

Not no TV guy Bill but I was told they were garbage Room is only 12X12

Not sure who is telling you that but given the dozens of sets (Panasonic) we have in our professional work place, I'd strongly disagree with that. We've had zero issues with them. A shame they are not making them anymore. The main concern for viewing is that they are better in a low light environment as the do reflect lights and you will get glare that can be annoying. Hopefully the repair is not too bad on the wallet and will save you on the hassles of shopping for a new set.

We have a 60" Vizio TV that use to power off by itself every so often. We would just turn it back on and it would be fine...........that went away by it's own but now every so often after we turn it off it turns back on about a minute later. We just turn it off again....WEIRD

Not no TV guy Bill but I was told they were garbage Room is only 12X12

Garbage? Whoever told you that knows nothing about TV's, particularly if it was the same guy that talked you into buying an LG. I can't speak for the Samsung plasmas, but the Panasonics are incredible. And they are a quality maker. There is a reason they where used as monitors in a lot of news rooms for so long!

I had similar issues with my Sony, apparently a bad capacitor on power board. Had to replace complete power board. If I can recall correctly I paid $100 to fix that. Guy who fixed my TV is located at east end Toronto, his website is http://www.lcdmasters.ca/

Another guy I know is in Mississauga, his website is http://torontotvrepair.com/

up date .. my tv guy tells me it might be minor as he has seen this problem before with this make.. Taking it in on Saturday when I get the son inlaw to help get it off the wall and unplug all the wires.. he hooked it up so he knows where they all go... not me :wallbash::dunno: jus tlet me fish pls

Capacitors are a good place to start. There's a web site that supplies complete capacitor kits for most makes and models of tv's. Can't seem to find the site now, but for less than 20 bucks I fixed my own tv. It's worth a shot.

i wouldnt know the first thing about repairing your television but I can definitely shed some light on a new TV. I have had almost every make of television you can imagine and I will only buy 4 brands at this point. they are samsung, sony, panasonic, or sharp.

First you need to understand that MHz is the refresh rate of a television. The higher the refresh rate, the less blurry objects in motion will be. So for sports games and action movies a plasma t.v. is best, ill explain why later. Personally I will never purchase a tv with a refresh rate less than 120MHz. The bigger the tv, the higher MHz refresh rate you will want as its easier to see motion blur on a larger television. Now that we understand that we need to understand types of television, LCD, LED, or plasma. Which is better? Hands down a plasma t.v. is better for picture quality. The exception to this is if your are in a very well lit room with a lot of natural sunlight, reason being that plasma t.v.'s often have a lot of glare. Plasma t.v.'s used to get what was called burn in where if you watched the same channel often, certain images from that channel like the station logo (i.e. CBC) in the bottom corner would super impose on the t.v. and stay there forever. I have not heard of this happening on new televisions since technology has advanced so I wouldnt worry about that anymore. So what are plasmas good for? a t.v. room in your basement for movie watching and sports. I recommend Panasonic because they created the plasma and have perfected it over many years. To give you an idea of refresh rate, my 65" Panasonic has 660 MHz (plasma's always have higher refresh rates then LCD or LED.)

Next LCD or LED, this is easy, LED is the way to go, LCD is an old technology now. What are they good for? Well lit rooms of course. I recommend Sony or Samsung. I have a 47" Sony Bravia from 6 years ago and have never had a single issue with it and everyone is always impressed with the quality. I also have a 32" Samsung in the master bedroom and know a lot of people with Samsung and we all seem to be happy with our t.v.

In short put a Panasonic plasma in your theatre room, basement, or anywhere you don't have a lot of natural light. Put an LED in any other room you require a t.v. If you buy LED, make sure its at least 120MHz (the only exception to this rule is if you buy a very small t.v. like a 27" then maybe you can get away with 60MHz but i wouldnt risk it). Stick to Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, or Sharp.

Hope this helps

You guys and your T.V.'s. I have two in the house, both were free off the side of the road, work great. LOL.....

I still can't believe I PAID for a new couch last summer.

Entropy

Might be time to get a big one soon, can't deprive the wife and kids too long, eh.

LOL Entropy.. I just threw out my WORKING 26" RCA... that I bought at Krazy Krazy's in 1982 so we could watch Bugs Bunny in colour on Saturday mornings !

YOU, Wayne MacGiver, could have found a way to convert that to battery power and used it as a back seat monitor in the boat or the ATV! What were you thinking? Krazy for sure.