Subaru mechanic in Barrie area ? NF

Rustic-Fisher

I'm an independent garage owner/tech and usually the last person who would defend a dealership. But I do have to say that if you're unsure of where to take your vehicle, then they (in theory) would be your best bet. At least until you do find an independent that you feel comfortable with.

Maybe try going into your locale dealership and ask the service adviser too introduce you to the actual tech that will be working on your vehicle? Get a feel for his attitude towards you and your vehicle. Sometimes when there are personalities involved; a face for him to relate to your vehicle and you too the person doing the servicing; it can make a big difference.That's where dealerships are lacking, especially large ones; there's no interaction between customer and the tech and I think both loose out for it.

My guys here in my little 5 bay shop, likely know 90% of my customers by first name and the customers know them.

Dan.

Edited by DanD

Thanks for the input guys.

I normally preform all of my own maintenance but I'm not about to tackle a timing belt in the garage and defiantly not on a Subaru.

Our experience with the dealership was horrible, so not spending a cent there.

I'm going to check out a couple of the suggested places .

R

Like you, I will never bring my WRX to the dealership again.

I've had my car for over 3 years now and I go to a mechanic that works almost exclusively on Subaru's.

He's in Markham though. If you want I can give you contact info.

From what I've heard, Seven Automotive is a great option.

Not to make light of it; because a timing belt must be done properly not to cause major damage; but it's not all that bad of a job to do.

Any decent tech can change one out in about 2.5 hours and that includes a couple of coffee breaks. LOL

Turbo or not a timing belt on these engines are the same; we've done a lot of them and I don't specialize on Subaru.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency here in town has a pile of the Legacy's and I have been doing the servicing on them.

My point being any decent shop can perform this service; don't sweat it.

Dan.

Sub. Timing.gif

Not to make light of it; because a timing belt must be done properly not to cause major damage; but it's not all that bad of a job to do.

Any decent tech can change one out in about 2.5 hours and that includes a couple of coffee breaks. LOL

Turbo or not a timing belt on these engines are the same; we've done a lot of them and I don't specialize on Subaru.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency here in town has a pile of the Legacy's and I have been doing the servicing on them.

Dan.

Dan.

Thanks Dan,

Almost tempted LOL

Like you, I will never bring my WRX to the dealership again.

I've had my car for over 3 years now and I go to a mechanic that works almost exclusively on Subaru's.

He's in Markham though. If you want I can give you contact info.

From what I've heard, Seven Automotive is a great option.

I've also had problems with bringing mine to the dealership for services a well. Last time they left a nice dent in the side skirt and tried to blame it on me lol. Seven auto is good with great customer service.

2009, forester with 108000km.

Okay. Up until about 5 or 6 years ago Subaru had a big problem with head gaskets, even with the best maintenance you couldn't get more than around 300,000km out of them before they blew. Because of the horizontally opposed engine design the coolant pools on the gasket, leading to premature corrosion. Pretty sure the problem was rectified, but its something you might want to investigate.