walmart transactions NF

manitoubass2

Well i just drove 40 mins to our local walmart to get a few petty work gear items etc. After the transaction, right before you get a receipt, the till froze. So i checked my online bank and it was deducted, but i couldnt get a receipt. I get home and just outta curiousity, check my account. I was accredited the purchase??? Im gonna catch some flack here but i called them and told them i got several hundred dollars worth of stuff for free. Manager was relieved. Anyhow, most probably already do but it never hurts to keep a close eye on your debit transactions. It could easily go the other way. HAGD everyone

A couple years ago my wife spent half an hour trying to convince a pharmacy employee they under charged her by $500. The employee actually ended up getting angry and rude. We ended up calling the owner to explain what had happened and to make it right. Never worked so hard to give away money.

A couple years ago my wife spent half an hour trying to convince a pharmacy employee they under charged her by $500. The employee actually ended up getting angry and rude. We ended up calling the owner to explain what had happened and to make it right. Never worked so hard to give away money.

lol thats brutal. Awesome you followed through. That lady probably woulda lost her job

Its kinda touchy to mention, but last year or so I worked(volunteering) for a suboxone treatment program this helps people kick opiates. I went to do my pickup of suboxone and ironically I had an extra package. I looked and to my dismay it was alot of opiates. Ive been in school for similar trades to pharmacology, and knew the street value would be well into the $40,000 dollar mark. Crazy. I immediately rushed them back to the pharmacy and wow were they thankful. That coulda went bad so many ways

Awesome to see some people will still do the right thing even for the evil wally world empire LOL. I was at ours a while back and the cashier made a mistake giving me back an extra 20 as it had stuck together, when I paid with a 50. I told her and handed it back. She was extremely thankful because as she said at the end of her shift she would have had to cough it up out of her own pocket. So transaction mistakes aren't against companies in most cases they are against the overworked cashier, trying to crack out the customers as fast as possible... ( I know Walmart doesn't care about how fast you check out because if they did they would have more than 2 or 3 cashiers working at the 24 checkouts they have sitting there LOL)

Edited by Canuck2fan

LOL yeah I have been there a couple times.... I love when they say... "THE SYSTEM SAYS X.xx so that is what it is!!!

Which is only true if you give the system the right information LOL.

If I say they didn't charge me enough and they say they did, I walk out. Sorry but it's not my job to convince the stupid, lol.

True it isn't, my job either but a couple of times I have insisted on showing them the mistake because they are making ME out to be the idiot... LOL Which is probably right now that I think about it, because I could have just taken the free stuff and left, instead of spending MY time properly training the staff for the store owner.

Happens all the time........this last time though I was at the short end of the ugly stick.....restaurant took my credit card and had it for a long time...........waiter said their system was down and would have it back ASAP....20 minutes later he returned the card to me and I added a tip on the bill. Now for the last 3 weeks a extra $136.11 has been on my account. It's been on and off then on my account again. Had to call the C.C. company and they took it off but it's still in the investigation mode for now. Sooner or later it will be straightened out once and for all.

you're a better man than i.

it it was wall covering mart (ie. a local ma & pa) i'd definately mention it

walmart though? 'honey, start the car'.

Edited by Raf

We frequenta fresh pasta store in Woody and have been for many years. Last year we went in and it came to 18.70. Got a receipt and went on our way, when my wife checked her bank accout there was 870.00 missing, the pasta store!. Too late to call the store as they were closed :(

Went back Sunday looking for answers. They were waiting for us, they had tried to call the bank, trying to trace us for a phone number. .

All ended well. Now when I go in as she is ringing up the order I remind her to make sure she punched in the right numbers and we both smile.