Military Shooting in Ottawa

Fisherman

The word terrorism is used rather loosely now days. I guess its for a better impact. Why hasn't there been any mention of the colossal failure of security on the hill. Whoever is in charge of security should be removed from that position. There is no way in my opinion that guy should of ever got as far as he did. Maybe our military should put a system in place and have the RCMP execute it to the T or do it themselves. Just a thought.

The word terrorism is used rather loosely now days. I guess its for a better impact. Why hasn't there been any mention of the colossal failure of security on the hill. Whoever is in charge of security should be removed from that position. There is no way in my opinion that guy should of ever got as far as he did. Maybe our military should put a system in place and have the RCMP execute it to the T or do it themselves. Just a thought.

Snipers on the roof? maybe some landmines? A WMD or two? A guy hopped the fence at the White House and made it inside, I don't know why you find it odd this guy made his way into parliament.

Edited by BillM

the dude hijacked a car after the monument shooting.. drove his way in as far as he could and shot his way into the building..There's not much more that could have been done to stop him aside from military style barriers and check points..Tha'ts not very Canadian at all....

Good answer Bill, duh. Im not sure where your getting your info from TB4ME but that's not what happened. Have any of you guys been to the hill in the last few years? There are so many cops and security people there it makes me wonder how this individual could make it into the big house of our country so easily. And I forgot to mention all the security cameras everywhere. An don't worry Bill there are probably lots of people watching whats going on from roof tops on a daily basis. as there should be. Heres an idea, maybe put a auto lock on the front door and have people monitor the security cameras

Hey Mr.Armchair Quarterback, why don't you drop your resume off at parliament with a list of your 'recommendations' maybe they'll hire you and we'll all live safer lives because of it.

I feel safer already!

Edited by BillM

Good answer Bill, duh. Im not sure where your getting your info from TB4ME but that's not what happened. Have any of you guys been to the hill in the last few years? There are so many cops and security people there it makes me wonder how this individual could make it into the big house of our country so easily. And I forgot to mention all the security cameras everywhere. An don't worry Bill there are probably lots of people watching whats going on from roof tops on a daily basis. as there should be. Heres an idea, maybe put a auto lock on the front door and have people monitor the security cameras

The RCMP released video of the National War Memorial shooter Thursday in Ottawa. Above, Michael Zehaf-Bibeau is seen running on Parliament Hill with a rifle where he hijacked a car, drove up to Centre Block and shot his way inside.

http://aptn.ca/news/...terrorist-rcmp/

How he got in is simple, no one in modern Canadian history has been crazy enough to try it; not without wanting to be a martyr.

He got his wish.

A statement hopefully has been very loud and clear to all terrorist organizations.

Yes we as Canadians are passive and try too be politically correct; but you are not going to step past the line of our breaking point, not without suffering the consequences.

Lets hope that this tragedy has helped people remember out National anthem, especially this line.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

The line has been drawn; lets hope we together as Canadians are allowed to defend it.

Dan.

Canada will not be broken by a senseless cowardly act like this. To any would be terrorists out there. Canada is strong. Our people are strong. We are strong because we are diverse. We are not "tolerant" of others beliefs we are understanding and accepting. Tolerance is a last resort to keep from killing eachother. We don't always get along even amongst the closest of pals but you bet we will stand on guard for thee. Thousands of strangers lined on highways is a testament to that. You want to break us? You will fail. ISIS is not welcome in Canada nor any other terrorist organization.

To my fellow anglers think of understanding and acceptance over tolerance. we all have different histories and experiences, different beliefs, God or Darwin, jig versus drop shot, crank versus spinner, troll or cast, carp or musky we should be practicing more acceptance and understanding here and in our daily lives.

Off my soap box.