Any furnace guys here? NF

Raycaster

I have one last trip planned for LSC but the furnace seems to want to get in the way.

I have a older furnace that needs replacing but its just not in the cards right now. The furnace and AC are working fine but the damn blower/fan has been driving me crazy for a year or so.

The blower fan is the older variety with the motor on the outside belt driven. Well the bearings and shaft wobbled enough to wake the house so I went looking for a replacement. With Kijiji I was able to grab a used one which is fine but it was a little big and its causing problems also.

I just need a 15" fan/blower as anything bigger won't fit properly. A newer fan/blower with the motor inside would probably be my best bet for quiet...

I've not been able to track down a assembly in the Hamilton area and hoping someone here has a line on a reasonably priced unit close by for pickup. I can install no problem as long as its the right size. I can pm exact measurement if anyone might have something.

Thanks ahead of time.

Really hoping to brave the cold and hit LSC in 2 week to chase the big boys but the furnace sounds like a bowling alley and the wife isn't happy if you know what I mean.

IMG484 measure.jpg

Those bearings on the blower are pretty standard, you can get them from Master or Frontier as mentioned above, you have to know the size etc, not overly complicated if you're mechanically inclined,

if motor bearing are noisy, they can be replaced at a motor repair shop like Carson Electric in Scarborough, not a big deal.

Any doubt, I strongly suggest you call a qualified service man, since your furnace is very old, you might as well get the heat exchanger checked, carbon monoxide leak is something serious and should be checked by a licensed technician.

Replacing it with another blower,

you must replace it with same HP, RPM motor and a blower with the same CFM rating for proper airflow / heat transfer, or you can have other serious problems, specially during heating season.

Edited by stonefish