Fall fishing at it's finest! GIANT Musky

LucG

Big fish, was that taken with a GoPro or something? FOV reminds me of my ultra wide angle 10-22mm.

Good eye Bill! Yes it was taken with a GoPro, so you do get a bit of embellishment, but none the less she was real fat and a true trophy. Hope to catch her again someday hahaha

Would have liked to get it on film, but we caught it 5 minutes into our day, hadn't had the chance to setup the camera yet and FISH ON.

Edited by LucG

Holy crap Luc! Hahaha

I caught a big sheepshead one while fishing for walleye in Nip and got excited about it. This is jn a league of its own as "surprise catch"

Definitely a real surprise catch!

Even though he had it hooked on the end of his line, the pressure was on me to grab the beast, our little bass net was waaaay under sized. lol Got her on the first grab! haha

Good eye Bill! Yes it was taken with a GoPro, so you do get a bit of embellishment, but none the less she was real fat and a true trophy. Hope to catch her again someday hahaha

Would have liked to get it on film, but we caught it 5 minutes into our day, hadn't had the chance to setup the camera yet and FISH ON.

I bet you're kicking yourself for not getting measurements :) GoPro or not, that's a cow!

I bet you're kicking yourself for not getting measurements :) GoPro or not, that's a cow!

Meh, not really. I know it wasn't a record by any means, and whether its 48 or 52 dosen't change the fact that it was a great fish.

At the end of the day that is a supertanker muskie. Must have been interesting trying to get it into the boat. That has got to be a 40lb class fish.

As I mentioned it was caught on bass gear, so she put up a good fight. Several line peeling drags later she tired out a bit and with one quick grab by yours truly she was in the boat. Quick pic, followed by a perfect release.