Ram 1500 Diesel - Mileage Post (NF)

hutch4113

People do crazy things for the lure of a new vehicle I see it everyday at the dealership, it usually involves 8 year loans and flipping cars after 2/3 years and rolling over money.

I sold a guy a Elantra the other day and when everything was added the Elantra was costing 42 grand and another guy a Sonata which just maybe the worlds most expensive Sonata when everything was said and done it was coming in at a whopping 64 grand... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

The moral of the story here is if you are signing for 84/96 months make sure you are going to love the car for a long long time because they depreciate a lot faster than what you pay off and when you add incentives etc. the used ones are worth squat yet you still owe the nice banker man 20 grand or so!!!

If nobody buys the new ones, where are the used ones going to come from???

There will always be people willing to pay through the nose for shiny new vehicles.

Like the saying goes, "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Edited by MrSimon

There will always be people willing to pay through the nose for shiny new vehicles.

Like the saying goes, "a fool and his money are soon parted".

I buy a new vehicle every 3 or 4 years, always pay cash and never finance, if you think that makes me foolish, then your entitled to your opinion.

I buy a new vehicle every 3 or 4 years, always pay cash and never finance, if you think that makes me foolish, then your entitled to your opinion.

Why do you do that? Most depreciation charts say vehicles loose close to half of their value in the first 4 years.

From a purely economical perspective, that's pretty much the worst car buying approach out there.

Some fools buy bigger and newer houses than they need. Some fools buy new boats that are bigger than necessary and burn more fuel. Some fools even go on vacation and have nothing left to show for it after except a few foggy memories. These fools realize that you can't take it with you.

Other fools would rather drive around in an 8 year old pick up that some other fool ran into the grand just so they can enjoy the feeling of the wad of moldy cash in their pocket.

This fool likes his new Ram!! (Oh ya, it's loaded)

• 1 month later...

who else here is affected by the VW diesel issue...i sure am.

What cars are you driving? I did a EGR/DPF delete on my parents after their DPF cracked and VW wanted something like 5k to replace it. (Of course it was just out of warranty).. So needless to say, they aren't affected :)

Edited by BillM

What cars are you driving? I did a EGR/DPF delete on my parents after their DPF cracked and VW wanted something like 5k to replace it. (Of course it was just out of warranty).. So needless to say, they aren't affected :)

Im driving a 2014 Jetta TdI

ahhh the good old days when i had a turboed protege...no o2 sensors, BOV's and big exhausts, helps to know some friendly mechanics lol.