Looking for some decent shore fishing spots close to the GTA

adam lancia

Hi all, a few of us are looking for some decent shore fishing spots in and around the GTA. We'd like to fish bass primarily. The thing is that a few of our group are paraplegics and rely on wheelchairs to get around. That being said, we're all Paralympic athletes so we don't need a paved, smooth, level area but bush whacking isn't in the cards either. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

The islands would be accessible. You could start in Hanlen's and work your way around. The harbourfront has a few spots as well however not so great for bass. But if you are interested in pike or carp there are more options. I'll send over a pm.

My little guy is just in awe of the Wheelchair basketball team...

He believes that they *are* the Pan Am Games! They're heroes to my boy.

They kindly let him in to watch their practice this morning, and were more than generous with their time.

My wife just happened to grab a few pics of Adam in action...

Adam1.jpg

Adam2.jpg

Adam3.jpg

Adam4.jpg

Adam5.jpg

Anyhow Adam, I have to agree that either Toronto Island or the mouth of the Rouge might work for you guys...

I try to fish from shore myself, but haven't had much luck finding bass in the Rouge, I do believe that they are there, they are just smarter than I am.

Thank you for all the replies guys! By the sounds, the island may well end up being our destination.

Leet: it's always great meeting new fans! Your son and wife made great spectators at our scrimmage this morning. If you (or anyone else for that matter) is interested, I can post our upcoming games as the dates and times are finalized.

Awe inspiring Adam. I never was able to crack the starting 5 in High School, when it was a 1 room school house, actually not that long ago but a while back for sure. You guys represent us with pride. As for fishing from shore, next year take a ride to Haldimand County. The carp in May are stacked up like cordwood. After opening Bass are here from shore as well. Many accessible spots all along the county from Dunnville to Nanticoke. Take a road trip next year. PM me in the spring if I'm still here. If you can't catch 20 nice Bass in an hour at the right spot you must not have a hook on.