roy, kind of a strange question isn't it?

if one is worried about tiring from a tattoo, I would suggest they shouldn't get one.

I like the concept of your tattoo and I think you chose good placement as well. should you choose to do a full sleeve you have set your self up nicely. very nice.

Edited by Lunkerhunter

Actually lots of people do not know much about the tattoo technology that is available now a days. To show my age(53) most of the tattoos I am familiar with are military tattoos that where done in dark places and bad artists when they were drunk. I personally do not, then nor now understand getting inked and branded or pierced as a way of expressing myself to the general public. As I look at it I see a really nice piece of art that I would be proud to hang on a wall but the practical (old school) part of me sees it as an obstacle that could preclude you from the dream job that your mind may qualify you for. I know that as time goes on tattoos etc are getting to be the norm. and I am glad that is occurring soon I will be the abnormal one without my tattoos but since I am on the downhill side of the employment game I can afford to be the odd man out.

No offence intended to the tattoo friends I have and I love to see the artwork as it happens.

Art

Actually lots of people do not know much about the tattoo technology that is available now a days. To show my age(53) most of the tattoos I am familiar with are military tattoos that where done in dark places and bad artists when they were drunk. I personally do not, then nor now understand getting inked and branded or pierced as a way of expressing myself to the general public. As I look at it I see a really nice piece of art that I would be proud to hang on a wall but the practical (old school) part of me sees it as an obstacle that could preclude you from the dream job that your mind may qualify you for. I know that as time goes on tattoos etc are getting to be the norm. and I am glad that is occurring soon I will be the abnormal one without my tattoos but since I am on the downhill side of the employment game I can afford to be the odd man out.

No offence intended to the tattoo friends I have and I love to see the artwork as it happens.

Art

My old man taught me young " never get a tattoo a suit can't hide"

The man got himself a tattoo that's he's happy with and decided to share it with everyone. He didn't ask anyone if they liked tattoo's or not but that didn't stop a few from voicing their opinions that they don't like them.

If you don't like tattoo's, don't get one, simple as that.

Looks real nice worm dangler.

Congrats Worm Dangler, impressive art work, it looks like there is mist between the tree's.

To add to what Art was saying:

I had a young guy interning with me at work a few years ago. He was in training and had not yet secured a job in the field. I never noticed it at the time but he always wore long sleeved shirts done up to the neck. Then I bumped into him at Home Depot in the summer and he was wearing short sleeves. His arms and lower neck were covered in tattoos. He was smart enough to cover them up until he got a permanent job. If he had worn short sleeves while interning people would have judged him differently and he probably would have reduced his chances of getting hired.

I don't think Roy was being critical. Judging by Worm Danglers response he already asked himself those questions before he did it.

Im not a tattoo guy myself........just doesnt fit me or my personality. But i think they "work" really well on others........theres tattoo guys, and non tattoo guys i guess (and girls). I dig the concept of this one.........but think it will reallly shine when you continue to fill it into a finished sleeve.

I also think the preconceived notions of tattoos are starting to fade, as they should. I know alot of people with tats.........same people they were before the tattoos, crazy right?? :)

thanks alot guys! it is my first tattoo and i am already thinking about more! i thought long and hard before getting something permanent on my body. I work in the construction field and tattoos in this industry are pretty common. In the future i'd like to be some kind of project manager or supervisor before i get to old and sore and i shouldnt have to many issues with some modest tattoos.

I'm project manager for my company and more days than not I'd like to be back on the tools.

Phone never stops dumb questions from employees awsered then they do it their way anyway just to blow breakers or motors .

Boss comming at you from the front costomers from both sides and employees from the back you cornered and you better be good with the mouth to talk and even better on the tools to back yourself up

I'm 27 and I've been doing construction for 10 years. once i have 15-20years under my belt i would like to get off the tools. I don't want to be a sore old man and im not saying guys in there 40s and 50s are old but that seems to be the time guys that have done construction their whole life start breaking down and start hurting themselves doing things they done in their 20s.

I'm 27 and I've been doing construction for 10 years. once i have 15-20years under my belt i would like to get off the tools. I don't want to be a sore old man and im not saying guys in there 40s and 50s are old but that seems to be the time guys that have done construction their whole life start breaking down and start hurting themselves doing things they done in their 20s.

I'm not sure just what your point is, but you've just described me to a tee.

Good to see you are taking steps to insure your future path in mind. I have been doing plumbing since I was 18 years old for 34 years years now. I started my own company 19 years ago and have stayed in the field being both the mechanic as well as the owner and it is how I survived the damage that occurs as we get older. As we get older contractors have to learn how to sell there skills and knowledge to compensate for the wear and tear that we have done to our bodies over the years. For me gone are the years of digging, heavy lifting as well as the 24 hour service calls.

Art