Musky Outing - New PB

Brettiop

I was out with 3 buddies yesterday got out about noon, Was really busy out there everyone enjoying a beauty day on the lake.

We were casting in a spot we had luck in a few weeks back, about 12 FOW, two of my buddies had a follow each but nothing committed, one may have been a pike.

We moved a little ways and tried an area around 9-7 Fow, i got a nice hit on a Handlebarz Egg head white/green(Cisco), which turned out to be a nice pike. Probably my personal best at 33"

PIKE_zps9b437afe.jpeg

With the same lure tied on about 10 minutes later i saw a flash when i did a turn at the side of the boat, thought it was just a small musky, but half way through my figure 8 my rod loaded up and it was on, this fish fought way better then any of my previous fish, and i thought for sure on a couple jumps it would come un-pinned, but we manage to slide it in the Net.

A 44" fatty and my new PB!

What a blast, was my first fish Ive ever got to bite on a Figure 8

BIGMUSKY_zpse7a0346e.jpeg

VERTICALMUSKY_zps7ffd8580.jpeg

Also got a decent sized gar that wanted a piece of my Tube.

GAR_zps9739b6dc.jpeg

Trolled for 1 1/2 hours to end the day, didn't get a rip while trolling.

Unfortunately none of my buddyes hooked up, but they sure want another invite out after seeing a few fish boated...

I'm super pumped and just want to get back out there for a bigger one!

Edited by Brettiop

Those Gar are aggressive eh? I love it when I catch a fish that's the same size as the lure it attacked funny stuff. Nice Musky btw!

They sure are, we must have seen 200 break the surface that day

I had a monster that had to be 40-45" following my figure 8 for about 30 seconds that day as well...he wouldn't commit though.