Best fishing within a 3 hour drive of KW

KraTToR

Nothing wrong with St. Clair that's for sure, but another thought, If you want to stay in the 3-4 hour drive Radius try Severn Sound Gbay (absolute killer Muskie fishery and great walleye and bass too!). The only decent place to stay is Musky's landing (although it's kind of close to the highway). The scenery is much better on Severn compared to anything in the Kawartha's or St. Clair too.

I used to live on the Kawarthas, if you go there I'd recommend Pigeon, Sturgeon, Balsam or even Rice Lake for what your looking for.

Lake Erie has been really frustrating the last couple years around long point. Both bass and pike have been really hard to locate we've found. The last two years we haven't caught anything to write home about. Quantity is sometimes there on a good day, but size is defintely not. Not sure what's been up, but all the pike i've caught in the last two years have been REALLY skinny. Fish just aren't where they usually are, probably because of the cold summer this year. The smallies should be stacking by now, and the we haven't been able to hit any schools at all in our usual go-to places.

I've been going to lake st. clair more and more this summer and while I haven't gotten into any big musky yet, I've boated some really nice nickel smallies. I keep going out of mitchell's bay for some reasons, but planning on making some trips out of belle river this fall and spend some more time musky hunting. I've had a lot more fun fishing LSC this year than I have fishing the inner bay / long point of erie.

If you're up for the drive nippissing is always a good choice. Even if you get skunked on that lake the shorelines are so beautiful you don't care.