Which day would you fish?

Master of Bait

Hi folks,

I'm fishing the Bancroft area with some pals this coming weekend and it looks like a front is moving in. We can fish one day, sat or sun, and the weather looks like:

Thurs: 19, showers, 20 km sw wind

Fri: 16, cloudy periods, 5 km north wind

Sat: 13, cloudy periods, 10 km north wind

Sun: 14, sunny, clear sky, 5 km east wind

Then things level out and hover at this temp for a week or so.

So my question, would you rather fish Saturday or Sunday?

Also, I always find the dropping temps harder to interpret during the fall. Do you see this as a typical cold front situation where the fish shut down, or rather cooling fall temps that are part of a regular seasonal pattern?

Many thanks for reading,

MoB

Maybe a day/or 3 later,we had that big storm Friday here.Went out Sunday ,all kinds of fish,no takers.Not my first time there ,but seems their bite was off.Mind you that was a big system that went through on the Friday.Good luck any day you go,I'd pick a day and just go with the less wind.imo.

Thanks for the feedback folks/ Keep it coming! On the topic, how would you target largies in these conditions? I'm thinking deep weedline edges, jigs presented slooowly. Any other suggestions?

It's Paudash lake, near Bancroft.

I'm pretty pumped about getting out as I haven't fished much at all this year (we have two young kids and we moved this summer, so the season was a bit of a write off).

Seems the clear sky and low, east wind on Sunday would make that the worst of the two days, but it's also further removed from the initial temperature drop. What to do, what to do...

I would be looking at Sunday, the front will have settled in by then. Depending on time of day, you'll probably want to be changing presentations and locations. Early and late in the day I'd probably be working surface, near structure, shallow (stumps etc.) Mid day I'd be looking for some shoals and fishing the shaded side of those using either live bait or plastics, real simple and fished slow. Down size your presentation, the bite isn't likely to be very agressive.

That's perfect weather for chasing big smallies !!! Even with the cold front !!! And the wind is even better !!!! I prefer that kind of weather for chasing brown fish !!!!! Gets the fish moving around and they are starting to put the fall feed bag on !!! You are not going to catch any bass sitting in the cottage staring out the window !!!! And any day you get a chance to go fishing regardless of the weather is a great day !!! Get out there

That's perfect weather for chasing big smallies !!! Even with the cold front !!! And the wind is even better !!!! I prefer that kind of weather for chasing brown fish !!!!! Gets the fish moving around and they are starting to put the fall feed bag on !!! You are not going to catch any bass sitting in the cottage staring out the window !!!! And any day you get a chance to go fishing regardless of the weather is a great day !!! Get out there