Angler kills undersize Muskie....cause he thinks they eat all his fish!

Pigeontroller

Ya, he's the bad twin :lol:

I know a guy here in the Kawarthas that thinks exactly like the doofis in the video. He told me one day that I should kill all the muskies I catch rather than release them because their eating all the pickerel. I asked him how he knew this and he said it's obvious because 30 years ago their were plenty of pickerel and now there's hardly any left. I said the 2 species have lived together for eon's so howcum the muskies all of a sudden just ate them all in the last 30 years and of course he had no answer. When I said perhaps the pickerel are maybe being over fished by humans he said that was just stupid.

Tough to deal with some folks.

The population of Ontario has at least doubled since the 1960's? and most of that probably centered in the southern portion? Since I am a geezer? I can remember when people didn't have to go too far into Ontario to catch walleye or have a real good chance at a 40 inch pike.

Fishing pressure has played a major role, and you had the cottage boom of the 50's, 60's, and 70's? The tourism boom over the same time period? We had to travel to catch walleye, Lake Erie didn't seem to have many?

Every camp I stayed at seemed to have a weekly fish fry for the guests, and then you can only wonder what the locals were doing? The people at their weekend retreats? A lot of the lakes in southern Ontario saw a huge growth in fishing pressure, not to mention boat traffic, shoreline construction and such?

. 3, he intentionally threw it back in the water which is wasting fish and is also a chargeable offence.

As a musky fisherman for over 20 yrs I've killed 2 illegal sized musky by accident from deep hooking. Unfortunately you have to throw them back even as you watch them sink to the bottom dead. When I've talked to CO's they will charge you with possesion if you keep it.

As a musky fisherman for over 20 yrs I've killed 2 illegal sized musky by accident from deep hooking. Unfortunately you have to throw them back even as you watch them sink to the bottom dead. When I've talked to CO's they will charge you with possesion if you keep it.

Yep, I had to do the same thing earlier this year. Such a waste, I just kept telling myself the turtles will be eating well.

I gotta weigh in here on this. Let me state clearly that the guy that did this is a dirtbag, and should be punished by the law. However, while we love to catch these wonderful fish, they are, in fact, just fish....my favorite fish, but still just fish. The threats of bodily harm to the dirtbag are way out of line. Would I have had some words with him?...definitely....but would I try to physically harm him?...no way.

Also, remember we don't go after these fish with velvet gloves and lollipops....look at your lures, your line strength, your hook set. Finally, how many of us debarb our hooks? I don't, and I'll bet most of you don't either.

Likely I'll be bombarded with this, but felt I needed to say it.

I agree. The responses that threaten/suggest bodily harm to this guy are way out of line. It's just a fish.

All this for a muskie? And people say us steelhead guys are bad, lol

it's not just one, as he said every one of them he does this with, who know what numbers of Muskie this guy has killed that no one else ever saw, plus the other guy on his boat didn't seem to have an issue with doing that, so 2 guys killing muskie adds up quick

it's not just one, as he said every one of them he does this with, who know what numbers of Muskie this guy has killed that no one else ever saw, plus the other guy on his boat didn't seem to have an issue with doing that, so 2 guys killing muskie adds up quick

It doesn't add up at all really. Muskie get more respect on the water then anything else out there (which is a good thing) but some people need to be reeled in here a bit. It's a fish.

I would be equally pissed if it was a different species being raped and mocked. It goes against everything i stand for as a fisherman and a person. Screw this moron.

This is the kind of cave man that gives the whole sport a bad name, you guys are entitled to your own opinions and so am i.

Mine isnt about to change because it seems a little harsh to some.

Apparently a couple Windsor muskie guys know him and have notified the mnr already. A CO will be visiting him shortly:)

This is also just typical behavior from this chronic poacher and ignorant Neanderthal.

Lets hope he loses his fishing license for a couple years and he can't catch his dinner every night.

I just love how people blame another native species of fish for wiping out a fellow native species. The common problem in every animal population issue (whether it be underpopulation or overpopulation) is humans. And yes I count introducting a non-native fish somewhere a human problem as well.

I don't agree with anyone doing that....

I wish the same outrage would occur when someone slits a brown trout and leave's its body to rot on the shore so they can get eggs to use for a different species.

muskie sure are special! it's good to see an angling community getting together to stand up for this crap!

Don't everyone hate me but as a kid on our cottage lake we were taught to throw the ling on the ice when we caught them, nobody ever ate them. We were told they ate the laketrout eggs. Obviously 30 years later I know better. Same with the rock bass tournaments they used to have on fairy, and lake of bays. You know those thousands of rock bass never got eaten. Not trying to defend the guy, I don't even know what my point is really.

Same thing on sturgeon lake !!! My buddy found a 48"inch musky in the garbage can over at long beach !!! Last summer and the same response "they eat all the pickerels " and they are eating the lake of all the fish was the answer he called the MNR as well ..... Just complete jackazzes

I really hate to admit it, but I actually ate a few muskies in the late 60's/early 70's out of Stoney Lake.

I feel like I'm in the confessional.

I caught my 1st one in the early 70's and ate it also.

Most folks did back then but I also had it mounted and still have it hanging in the garage so I still have the memory of the 1st one.

word of caution folks, don't engage people with violence. That will get you nowhere, and may even get you charged or worse. Now the irony of this. So many people try and catch muskie, sometimes fish of 10,000 casts. This guy seems to be able to catch them regularly. He could probably teach us a few things...lol

This guy seems to be able to catch them regularly. He could probably teach us a few things...lol

Flawed fisherman logic at its absolute finest! That dimwit has probably been fishing that spot for years and years, and lately instead of pickerel he's finding musky there. "Damn musky are eating all my fish!" The bigger picture always eludes the ignorant lol

Edited by thegrumpyfisherman

I do not fish Muskie...caught a couple incidentals in my lifetime...but this has been an interesting read and cross section of views

I believe this has more to do with one's perspective than a higher moral ground

Mike (I believe) mentioned---where's the outrage on speared carp or the likes---still a fish---I think he's right in his thinking

Musky fisherman are outraged at this action----because they have a practical use of this fish for their enjoyment----other fish----less outrage

Would the same outraged anglers--have difficulty blasting a flock of cormorants cuz they eat fish??---somewhat the same logic...no?

I know hunters who shoot wolves on sight cuz they eat deer/moose----till like Yellowstone Park---wolves need to be re-introduced cuz they served a part in nature's balance

The lines in nature are not so defined as our black and white thinking....I'm bad cuz I kill a musky---I'm good cuz I kill a cormorrant

I don't think what this guy did was right....but I feel uncomfortable judging him---cuz like everyone here----I drive sharpened steel into fish all the time---we've all had deep hooked fish croak---are they less dead than buddy's musky?

It's how you rationalize it----some percentage of the population think deer are pretty----And I've pulled the hammer and never even blinked------perspective

Anyway---I have more questions than answers on this subject------because like everything else in life---there's opposing groups who believe their way is the only right way

I try to just get by.

I do not fish Muskie...caught a couple incidentals in my lifetime...but this has been an interesting read and cross section of views

I believe this has more to do with one's perspective than a higher moral ground

Mike (I believe) mentioned---where's the outrage on speared carp or the likes---still a fish---I think he's right in his thinking

Musky fisherman are outraged at this action----because they have a practical use of this fish for their enjoyment----other fish----less outrage

Would the same outraged anglers--have difficulty blasting a flock of cormorants cuz they eat fish??---somewhat the same logic...no?

I know hunters who shoot wolves on sight cuz they eat deer/moose----till like Yellowstone Park---wolves need to be re-introduced cuz they served a part in nature's balance

The lines in nature are not so defined as our black and white thinking....I'm bad cuz I kill a musky---I'm good cuz I kill a cormorrant

I don't think what this guy did was right....but I feel uncomfortable judging him---cuz like everyone here----I drive sharpened steel into fish all the time---we've all had deep hooked fish croak---are they less dead than buddy's musky?

It's how you rationalize it----some percentage of the population think deer are pretty----And I've pulled the hammer and never even blinked------perspective

Anyway---I have more questions than answers on this subject------because like everything else in life---there's opposing groups who believe their way is the only right way

I try to just get by.

If it was table fare,probably no one would blink a eye?,maybe a couple .Fishing and hooking a fish so deep is kinda a different story.Getting a wrong fish on your line and into the boat and clubbing it,then throwing it back in the lake is where the problem lies?