kawartha walleyes

ecmilley

Last Sunday Geoff (GBW) and myself decided to to a little fishing, no real plan just launced the boat with assorted bass and eye stiks and went fishing, as it turned out the walleye were on the chew with water temps at 66 in the morning and warming through out the day put a plan in action for walleyes and was quickly rewarded with a couple keepers in 17ft of water workin underwater rockpiles with grubs, put the lowrancestructure scan to good use determining areas to target and was pretty much non stop till 4pm when we were worn out every spot I stopped at that day got us at least 2 fish several massive walleyes made it to boatside before biting us off (and i have there address) great day out on the water good company and 7 nice keeper wallys for dinner.

typical fish that day.20140901_091636_zpse6etr0cs.jpg

We had a boat load off fun so thanks again 'E'! and out of the 7 keepers that we decided were the best of the bunch to keep in the 35-50cm slot they were all nice and healthy. Others caught in the slot but still sent back. and there were a bunch of others caught too. the bass had it easy last weekend. lol

Sinker, so now you're saying they are on fire indefinitely, wow, no pictures, it didn't happen (smiley face!)

any tips appreciated

the good size may be reflective of the slot restrictions showing effect?

tips keep moving and playing with techniques and colours the fish will let you know what they want, keepimg 15 rods on board helps too. lol

Bucktser and I were out on Pigeon Lake all 3 days of the Labour Day weekend and did

VERY well ....... (well....Buckster caught most of them).

I cant remember the last time we caught that many.

They were all sizes and caught numerous in the legal size range.

Each and every one went back!

Looks like the lower limit of 4 may be working!

Meely

Bucktser and I were out on Pigeon Lake all 3 days of the Labour Day weekend and did

VERY well ....... (well....Buckster caught most of them).

I cant remember the last time we caught that many.

They were all sizes and caught numerous in the legal size range.

Each and every one went back!

Looks like the lower limit of 4 may be working!

Meely

Best part about the weekend was the fact that there was not another boat in sight. Well other than the odd water skier or jet ski.