Why we OFC before Kijiji......Thanks Mattaw and SpeedTroll

BillsTheBassMan

Earlier this week I met up with Mattaw to do a trade/sale for a beautiful new Humminbird unit for my boat. We both arrived on time (early) at the agreed upon spot. We shook hands, talked a little fishing and went through the transaction. He had forgot the keys for the lock he had on the unit and the knob the lock had replaced. He said he would mail them and I'd have them before the weekend. While inspecting the unit I found a few dings (nothing major) amd he offered money off. I declined. I didnt have opportunity to test the unit and he said if there were issues when I do (this weekend) we would figure something out. He also advised he would send me some helpful links on using side imaging. We stood around talking fishing for a few hours despite our angry significant others waiting for us to get home. Max extended an invite to go to his cottage at my schedules convenience to fish his home lake.

Well, OFC. By Monday night (the night we met) I had my side imaging tutorial sent to me. When I got home from work Wednesday I had the keys/knob in my mailbox. When I test the unit tomorrow it will work. And when I get the opportunity to find some time, I hope to fish with Max. A testament to him and the community itself.

The week before I met another OFNer who sold me some tackle. SpeedTroll and I had some brown pops and had good, esox related conversation. He warned me of a few things from his experience and it was another great transaction.

Proud to be a part of a place where community, dignity, and mutual respect still exist.

Ryan

I don't know Mattaw but Rob (Speedtroll) and I have been friends for years and if he sold you something you'll know it's good.

I've sold alot of stuff thru the OFC classifieds and every deal with our members has been a pleasure and I've made some great friends and fishing partners here.

Ryan,

Thanks so much for the kind words. Glad you got the keys on time! I love the people I meet here, you are all good people. Funny how a quick chat about fishing turns into a few hours eh :whistling: Hope you didn't get into too much trouble when you got home.

Find the time to come fishing, I can't promise musky, but hungry pike and bass are waiting for you.

Have not seen Rob in many years,but a super nice guy. Max (Mattaw) is as well. He bought my tube a few ago. I take it he loves it from his reply back a few days later.LOL

I too need to find time to get up and fish from his invite.