Game Warden visit Sat night

captpierre

Fishing with my sister 8 pm Sat night on NE Pigeon Lake.

2 Game Wardens come over and do their thing.

No fish, I had my licence but my sister left her's at the cottage.

No problem, "good evening"

I was surprised they were on patrol on a Saturday night.

Glad they were. First time I've seen them in the area in the 3 yrs we've been up there.

Drove a fairly new Crestliner, about 17 ft, and Yammy 130 hp

Last time I was checked was 5 yrs ago on Nippissing.

Same combo then as well, Crestliner/Yammy

Got checked this summer at my crappie spot in Bobcaygeon. First time ever in the 15+ years I have fished up there.

Lake Simcoe's MNR seems to be getting more vigilant though. I was checked 3 different times last winter in 3 different locations. I get checked at least once every winter on Simcoe.

Always happy to see them. Just wish it happened more.

I've been stopped 3 times up there the last 6-7 years, only once in my boat. In the boat it happened midweek on a lesser popular lake and I was the only guy out there besides the CO's but they stuck it out for hours on the lake, watched me with binoculars on occasion and eventually came over to check things out. Seemed to me like there would of been better things to do all morning, they coulda hit 5 lakes with all the time they spent there.

The other times were in a parking lot and once at an intersection on 36. Same CO every time, he was pretty cool with everything. Wish they were out more at the right times.

I know Fire fighters don't like to be called anything but...

We used to be called firemen till that became politically un-correct.

If ya know what I mean Dax :lol:

Edited by lew

I've been fishing the Kawarthas for close to 60 years and can HONESTLY say, I've been stopped by a Game Warden exactly ONE time....and I think that's pretty sad.

wow! I'm on first name terms with a few of our guys up here, and see them a few times a year on the lake at least and probably half a dozen times in walmart and one guy five days a week when we greet as he drives past me at my son's school bus stop every morning.

Sister was lucky.

Been checked four times on Kesagami ice fishing, once on the Moose River, once half way to Fort Albany, outside Kirkland Lake at Kenogami, on the Big Rideau and on the Ganaraska, Nine times in nine years.

Simon... it's definitely different up your way.

I been buying a license for over 30 yrs and have never been checked either. Grew up just outside Deep River, lived down in Oshawa for 20 yrs and regularly trekked up to Emily PP to camp and fish on Pigeon there, now back up here in North Bay. I did see a CO checking other people at the loading ramp at Lavase River last year though when was just sitting in the truck with the wife. Been the same with hunting season, not once.

Same goes for that Boating license we needed to get..never been stopped by OPP on the water for it, that particular thing bugs me...money grab IMO.

Edited by Chris In North Bay

wow! I'm on first name terms with a few of our guys up here, and see them a few times a year on the lake at least and probably half a dozen times in walmart and one guy five days a week when we greet as he drives past me at my son's school bus stop every morning.

yeah it must be different up here. I've gotten to know 3-4 COs pretty darn well over the last 5 years. Even out on the back lakes i still get checked probably 50% of the time. Always nice other then on time on big sawbill one guy was fairly rude