Sault Ste Marie Area suggestions

mcdougy

Need to go up to the Sault first week of October to visit some people for 4-5 days. Was wondering what camps with decent fishing would be pretty close to the city. I have a small boat I could take. Was hoping to stay within 1 hours radius of the town. we would be a family of 4 with a small dog that must come also. I do not know the area at all as i have never been there. suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Gang..Matt

Ifn it twas me I'd camp at Batchewana Bay PP and spend my spare time casting rivermouths for salmonids. Shouldn't need new gear to do that. Just some spoons and large capacity reels for when they make the run out into the lake. I wouldn't ignore fishing the Mary either although you might want to pick up waders to do that.

Ifn it twas me I'd camp at Batchewana Bay PP and spend my spare time casting rivermouths for salmonids. Shouldn't need new gear to do that. Just some spoons and large capacity reels for when they make the run out into the lake. I wouldn't ignore fishing the Mary either although you might want to pick up waders to do that.

Thanks. May be an option as well. Was thinking I would haul the little 14'er up as well. That's why I was thinking an inland lake.