Biscotasing or Anywhere

floater

I'm looking for a place to camp and fish for 9 days starting on Thanksgiving weekend. Drive can be anywhere from 3 to 8 hours away. I heard about Biscotasing and i'm wondering if it's worth the drive? We would like a Crown Land kind of spot to park the truck and camper. I have a genny so don't really need anything else around. Can I just pick most any road up there and find a launch and park? Thanks for any tips.

Bisco is good. There's a little town where the launch is so I'm not sure where you would park the camper.

Not all lakes have good launches up there. You can't just pick any road and find a launch.

What other lakes are you looking at?

If you've got 9 days, an 8 hour or longer drive makes sense IMO

Ya only a couple of posts. Mostley a luker on this site but post on other sites. Not looking for your secret spots. Just an idea of where to head to. I've tried Quebec once at one of those lodges and was very disappointed with the lack of fish for such a bad drive in. I have some Zec maps and they list all the launches with camp sites. I guess we will just head up that way. Thanks to those that replied with info.

Just a heads up by October the temperatures up that way tend to be at or below freezing, and the winds can make it even worse. Just something to consider if you haven't already. I do a week trip to Onaping to the East usually second week of September and everytime I've gone a cold front has blown in mid week and made it ugly. Some people don't mind that weather just thought I'd mention it.

Edited by thegrumpyfisherman

If you want top notch fishing with easy access for waterfront camper spots and noone around, consider Quebec. I can provide some information to get you started. You'd likely be looking at a shorter drive with better fishing.

The only place I know in Que is ZEC Kipawa and the roads in thru there are pretty rough. Also, with the out-of-province licence fee plus the ZEC fee it gets fairly expensive. I'd be inerested in hearing of other places in West Que if you don't mind sharing.

thx

only a couple of posts so no info.

What? Because someone has few posts they won't get any info? 98% of most member posts are quick accolades like "Nice fish" or the trite "Good on ya!". What a joke...and hardly representative of the definition of a "community".

Joeytier is right...plenty of places in Quebec to get you what you're looking for and you don't have to enter a Zec.

I hope MoS was only kidding, but given the lack of response, maybe not. And if few posts means a member isn't "worthy" of information, that's an unfortunate state of reality.

I'm with Musky or Specks on this one T-Bone

I know the Bisco area pretty good but I wasn't willing to offer up stuff I had to figure out for myself. If Musky/ Specks asked, I'd help him because I know he would help me

A "nice fish" comment just says- "Hey, I checked out you post and was inspired enough to reply"

A community is give and take.

Nothing against you Floater, I like your style, 9 days in a camper around Bisco is pretty cool

What? Because someone has few posts they won't get any info? 98% of most member posts are quick accolades like "Nice fish" or the trite "Good on ya!". What a joke...and hardly representative of the definition of a "community".

Joeytier is right...plenty of places in Quebec to get you what you're looking for and you don't have to enter a Zec.

I hope MoS was only kidding, but given the lack of response, maybe not. And if few posts means a member isn't "worthy" of information, that's an unfortunate state of reality.

We have a custom/tradition on here of an introductory post. I won't help someone who comes here out of the blue making request, thats how places get ruined. I have never failed to point members in a direction that will help them out and then did so in this case as well and pointed OP in a direction but then my PM box was flooded with the info that this was his first ever post and that that was not the way we handed out info around here. I agreed as I did not see that it was his first post and removed the info I had supplied. So no info. If he wants to start with an intro post and show he wants to become part of our community then I'm sure others and myself would be more than willing to help him. This isn't trying to discriminate against newcummers to the site but to lurkers who are only interested in a one way flow of info. All those little post by the way they show your interest in this community and the fact you come here on a regular basis so they are important. Imagine if floater came here with his first post to ask where in the GTA to go brook trout fishing? Everyone would be all over him that we don't give info to lurkers. Well some members feel that the Bisco area is their backyard and they don't want that info given to just anyone.

We have a custom/tradition on here of an introductory post. I won't help someone who comes here out of the blue making request, thats how places get ruined. I have never failed to point members in a direction that will help them out and then did so in this case as well and pointed OP in a direction but then my PM box was flooded with the info that this was his first ever post and that that was not the way we handed out info around here. I agreed as I did not see that it was his first post and removed the info I had supplied. So no info. If he wants to start with an intro post and show he wants to become part of our community then I'm sure others and myself would be more than willing to help him. This isn't trying to discriminate against newcummers to the site but to lurkers who are only interested in a one way flow of info. All those little post by the way they show your interest in this community and the fact you come here on a regular basis so they are important. Imagine if floater came here with his first post to ask where in the GTA to go brook trout fishing? Everyone would be all over him that we don't give info to lurkers. Well some members feel that the Bisco area is their backyard and they don't want that info given to just anyone.

I've only been here a couple weeks, wasn't aware I joined the illuminati I was under the impression it was just a fishing message board. I have much to learn it would seem thanks for the heads up lol

I am fairly new here but have been lucky enough to have a few members reach out to me directly and share their knowledge with me. Perhaps the knowledge is not as openly shared in open threads, but spoken through direct messages. Some people here have been more than willing to help.

Dont ever expect someone to give you their spots on a lake unless you are in the boat with them, or you are young and good looking...thats how i got my pickerel spots from the elderly lady at my local bait shop :P