Totally stoked!

solopaddler

I leave tomorrow for a return trip to the Sutton River. A full week exploring the river swinging streamers and skating mouse patterns for gigantic brookies - it doesn't get any better than that at least for me!

This time I'm going to spend a day checking out the Sutton ridges as well, a spectacular gorge connecting Sutton and Hawley Lakes.

My goal this time is to avoid all contact with polar bears. :)

I leave tomorrow for a return trip to the Sutton River. A full week exploring the river swinging streamers and skating mouse patterns for gigantic brookies - it doesn't get any better than that at least for me!

This time I'm going to spend a day checking out the Sutton ridges as well, a spectacular gorge connecting Sutton and Hawley Lakes.

My goal this time is to avoid all contact with polar bears. :)

Good luck on your adventure although you won't need it. There are some big brookies at the gorge (on the downstream side or Hawley Lake) and they are a totally different shade than the river fish. Something like a Superior Coaster would be the best description, more silver than green. When I was there 16 years ago, some of the guys caught 7-8 pounders there, so be aware. The laker fishing away from the rocks was exceptional as well. Hoping to get up there again sometime, but sadly no more personal floatplane.

Thanks guys :)

Good luck on your adventure although you won't need it. There are some big brookies at the gorge (on the downstream side or Hawley Lake) and they are a totally different shade than the river fish. Something like a Superior Coaster would be the best description, more silver than green. When I was there 16 years ago, some of the guys caught 7-8 pounders there, so be aware. The laker fishing away from the rocks was exceptional as well. Hoping to get up there again sometime, but sadly no more personal floatplane.

Thanks! I had heard there were big brookies at the gorge, hopefully there's still a few left.

You and Bill have a great time "AGAIN" ya lucky bazzterds. :P

Circumstances arose that wouldn't let me go on this trip, I wish I was there to see Joe land his first brookie on a top water mouse pattern, he's going to have a riot!

Have a safe trips boys!