One cast...one musky

lew

Hi guys

I'm still up here on the West Arm of Nippissing chasing muskies but it's the poorest fishing I've ever seen in my 10 years of coming here. Weeds are still low in most areas and the water temps have dropped 7 degrees in the last week. Still having a great trip but a couple big fish would be nice.

I hooked into a biggun a couple days back while trolling but never got her to the boat.

My wife and I headed out this morning to a favorite spot and I hooked this girl on the very 1st cast of the day. She was only a thin 45" but at least it got that skunk off my back.

Just to show how good the muskies are normally up here, this is the smallest fish I've ever got in these waters.

Hopefully it'll pick up before we head home on Saturday but as I've always said of this lake and how beautiful it is, I could fish here all week and get skunked but still go home and say I had a fabulous week of fishing.

009-2.jpg

Congrats Lew. Lot of work for those things, glad to see ya finally got one.

And yes ... 1" longer than mine. :clapping:

Sure hope the French heats up when I'm there next month.

Hi Rich....I hear that a lot... :whistling:

Right on Lew! 45" is small? LOL

Didn't mean to imply 45 is small Mike, but there's so many big fish up here a 45 just seems small...if that makes any sense :lol:

And John, no we can't make it to Cross and the other fella is tied up with work.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm having a blast up here as always !!

I've always said of this lake and how beautiful it is, I could fish here all week and get skunked but still go home and say I had a fabulous week of fishing.

Can't agree any more about nipissing. When you go out to a great lake and get skunked it's a crappy day because the shoreline is ugly (most of it) and they're basically giant puddles surrounded by flat land. But up north and especially the nipissing area the shoreline is so beautiful and there's so much wildlife around you getting skunked doesn't mean it was a crappy day on the water. It's the kind of lake where you could just drive out to the centre and just sit there with a worm on a hook with a smile on.