Fly fishing lesson and a new PB brown

mistaredone

$130 waders, cheap fly combo and a few flies and I was off to fish the Grand with an old buddy in from the east coast. I've been jaded from river fishing for decades but this was a totally different experience than I remember. The Grand is truly that! The scenery and wild life is just awesome and the rain enhanced the experience even more. Our day started with a quick lesson, then on to the river where we only found chubs. We broke for lunch around noon and stopped into Grand River Trout fitters. We grabbed a few smaller recommended flies and got a little direction from the helpful staff and were back to the water. 10 mins later I got my first and only brown a new PB at a monster 10"! Awesome!! My buddy ended up landing one a little bigger at 12" or so. A few little smallies and lots of chub made for a great day. I'll defiantly be out fly fishing again. I've got lots to learn and equipment upgrading to do. My next goal will be a couple of pound rainbow or brook trout.

When I started fly fishing,any fish on a fly was special.

Like you said though, The scenery and wild life is just awesome

And dont forget the quiet surroundings and listening to the water trickling..

Your hooked just like I .

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats on your PB brown.

I've always wanted to catch a decent brown.

Every year I tell myself I'm going to go and try to catch one and every year I don't.

I'm not sure why I procrastinate, but I simply don't have the time to figure out where to go etc. and it's so easy when I get a chance to just slide down to my end of the Grand (Brantford area) and catch a few bass.

The browns certainly are gorgeous when coloured up. Maybe this is my year LOL.

Edited by kennyman