Tiger Muskie. How classified in regs?

captpierre

Muskie rules apply (I say that without quoting the regs because it's what I've learned over the years from the regs). I've heard discussions on both sides regarding them being sterile and not needing conservation efforts, the only one that made sense is that they might be keeping other species in check by preying on them.

Michael

Muskie rules apply (I say that without quoting the regs because it's what I've learned over the years from the regs). I've heard discussions on both sides regarding them being sterile and not needing conservation efforts, the only one that made sense is that they might be keeping other species in check by preying on them.

Michael

Well the one that makes the most sense is to take identification out of the picture. All musky fall under musky regs The same way that brook,brown and rainbow fall under the same regs Enforcement is easier. People who as a rule, most are good, there is still a suprising number of bad apples that will break the law(see Rainbow fishing on Bronte Creek or Bass fishing out of season) if you leave them a way to do it.

Edited by Musky or Specks

I was more referring to C & R of legal size tigers when I was talking about practicing conservation - of course your excellent point is very correct to protect the entire species, I'm very aware (and just as PO'd) about the increasing attempts to use ignorance as an excuse. That's another can of worms that we all know exists and are seemingly moreso less able to address effectively, so I won't go off on a rant about it here.

Michael