Salmon - Trout Shops?

AKRISONER

Hey Guys,

My dad and I are heading up to parry sound this weekend for some trout downrigging. Last year we did a guided trip with a friend of a friend who no longer guides but did a special trip out for us...anyways we caught some big big fish with consistency. Unfortunately I have been really struggling to find the specific lures that the guide suggested we use.

The specific lures i am looking for are Dreamweaver Super Slim holographics.

I have even looked online however, amazon wont ship these lures to canada and the only place i found was a mail in order shop out of michigan with a website looking like it was made in 1993.

Ive tried bass pro, al flahertys and sail and none of them seem to carry much of the dreameaver line. I was able to grab flies from al flahertys but no one seems to carry Dreamweaver spoons.

Any suggestions? I am in the GTA but would be able to stop anywhere between the GTA and Pointe au Baril.

Maybe someone even has a suggestion for a similar set of spoons?

The Michigan stinger line appears to have exactly the spoons I am looking for. Every major outlet doesnt seem to carry much selection when it comes to these style lures. Would you think JB's would have them?

My dad got a bunch of Bass pro gift cards for Christmas and was pretty disappointed in their trout selection.

We are pretty new to downrigging etc. This is our first honest attempt at really having a proper go at the lakers in Parry sound.

JB's for sure, that were I bought a bunch this spring. Also Fishing World and SAIL have a decent selection. On Temagami I had good success with the Super Slims especially the UV patterns

you can order right from Dreamweaver site. That's where I got mine before they started to show up in stores in Ontario

Look for these if available

Dr Death

orange kevorkian

glow frog

blue mongoose

Hey Guys,

My dad and I are heading up to parry sound this weekend for some trout downrigging. Last year we did a guided trip with a friend of a friend who no longer guides but did a special trip out for us...anyways we caught some big big fish with consistency. Unfortunately I have been really struggling to find the specific lures that the guide suggested we use.

The specific lures i am looking for are Dreamweaver Super Slim holographics.

I have even looked online however, amazon wont ship these lures to canada and the only place i found was a mail in order shop out of michigan with a website looking like it was made in 1993.

Ive tried bass pro, al flahertys and sail and none of them seem to carry much of the dreameaver line. I was able to grab flies from al flahertys but no one seems to carry Dreamweaver spoons.

Any suggestions? I am in the GTA but would be able to stop anywhere between the GTA and Pointe au Baril.

Maybe someone even has a suggestion for a similar set of spoons?

Not sure if your talking about fisher-baker corp. in Marine city, but I have used it many times and they know what they are doing.

If you weremt talking about them, then give them a look if you ever need this service.

30 second walk from the ferry from Sombra

http://www.fisherbaker.com/

JBs Fishing Depot would be a good bet. If you're fishing for lakers, they aren't very picky... You should be able to run anything for those fish and get hookups. NKs, Michigan Stingers, etc..

JB's for sure, that were I bought a bunch this spring. Also Fishing World and SAIL have a decent selection. On Temagami I had good success with the Super Slims especially the UV patterns

you can order right from Dreamweaver site. That's where I got mine before they started to show up in stores in Ontario

Look for these if available

Dr Death

orange kevorkian

glow frog

blue mongoose

I was in JB's last week for some LO tackle and their inventory was somewhat 'skinny' (perhaps because of time of season??). I buy the vast majority of my rods & reels from JB's but if I'm looking for selection of spoons, flies & attractors, Shortwave Marine Electronics (google) in Port Credit is my preferred vendor as well as many others who fish out of Port Credit & Bronte.

JB's should have them. The shop is a little different as they are still reeling from their Insurance debacle after the flooding.

I was in JB's last week for some LO tackle and their inventory was somewhat 'skinny' (perhaps because of time of season??). I buy the vast majority of my rods & reels from JB's but if I'm looking for selection of spoons, flies & attractors, Shortwave Marine Electronics (google) in Port Credit is my preferred vendor as well as many others who fish out of Port Credit & Bronte.

I would double check on Shortwave....I think they might have closed or at least moved. Correct me if wrong.

Cheers,

Mark

JB's should have them. The shop is a little different as they are still reeling from their Insurance debacle after the flooding.

I would double check on Shortwave....I think they might have closed or at least moved. Correct me if wrong.

Cheers,

Mark

They moved across the street to the north side of Lakeshore Rd. Rhey didn't do a great job advertising their move :(

BTW, not being critical about JB's, just stating the current level of inventory.

Ditched the car and rode my bike for the 35k return trip to Jb's and i would say it was worth it. I haven't been to a bait shop that had such an extensive selection of trout and salmon gear. I couldn't imagine how crazy it must be if you guys are saying that the stock is low.

I got nearly everything i was looking for and more. Could of dropped a stack easily in that place.

Ended up getting all of the required trout gear, plus some bass stuff. The guy in the shop was helpful and the resident regulars were more than willing to throw some knowledge towards me.

Their wall of Gary Yamamotos was awesome (a little pricey but whatever i cant find them anywhere)

Grabbed a wacky worm rigging tool

Not a huge selection of spinnerbaits, but i found a pretty sweet perch coloured one that I am excited to try out.

big selection of divers and flashers...grabbed one of each with a snubber for the Diver.

Selection of spoons was really good, got the blue and green dolphin dreamweaver super slims and a moonshine (or something similar to that name) in a glow pattern, took it home turned off the lights to test it out and it looked like a beacon.

Got all of the clips and swivels i needed as well.

I would say the only disappointment was their line selection. I have been itching to pick up some powerpro for a while, but the regular power pro stock was severely depleted and the only line they had less than 40lbs test was in yellow. Just a bit too much visibility for my liking.

Now on to catch some lakers! wish me luck!

Ditched the car and rode my bike for the 35k return trip to Jb's and i would say it was worth it. I haven't been to a bait shop that had such an extensive selection of trout and salmon gear. I couldn't imagine how crazy it must be if you guys are saying that the stock

Maybe a little bit :) glad to hear you found what you were looking for.