If you could fish anywhere in the world........

ckrb2007

If you could fish anywhere in the world, where would it be and what would it be for? I'm trying to plan something for next year and I'm torn between quite a few options. Barramundi in Australia, Peacock Bass in South America, Rooster Fish in Costa Rica, or largemouth bass on Falcon in Texas, El Salto in Mexico or Lake Biwi in Japan.

Decisions, decisions!

14 days in Guyana for arapaima, plus some exotic catfish and other species, 9 days fishing plus 5 jungle travel, travel days outside of the 14....trying to make it happen for 2016, can't convince any friends...need a diehard, somewhat crazy fly angler willing to shell out 4k (fly from TO)...you in? LOL

I'd also like to fly fish for taimen in malaysia before that fishery is completely run by american tour operators with jacked up prices...but a lot more money for that trip and won't happen quick enough

you could get your peacock bass in barramundi in florida, plus tarpon, snook and a bunch of other saltwater fish...bass too obviously

14 days in Guyana for arapaima, plus some exotic catfish and other species, 9 days fishing plus 5 jungle travel, travel days outside of the 14....trying to make it happen for 2016, can't convince any friends...need a diehard, somewhat crazy fly angler willing to shell out 4k (fly from TO)...you in? LOL

this 100x this!!!! bring out the 14wt fly rods!

I'm leaving in 17 hours for 16 glorious days on my twice yearly trip chasing muskies on the West Arm of Nippissing and for me, that's as good as it gets.

I'm not a very exotic person and I'm very easy to please :lol:

Edited by lew

this 100x this!!!! bring out the 14wt fly rods!

the14wt GLX is ready and desperately waiting....any takers? seriously...lol pm me for info

guessing your wife works with an airline? lucky dude...arapaima, taimen and wells catfish are top of the exotic list for me

Tough to really nail down a specific trip. For me it would be a tour that involves deep sea, inshore/ coastal for a week followed by a few days of R&R and then move inland and sample some freshwater species. Most likely south America. Obviously need to narrow it down a bit....

Then again I could probably spend a month touring Ontario and not get bored. Lots of places in other provinces to see too. We have it pretty good here.

the14wt GLX is ready and desperately waiting....any takers? seriously...lol pm me for info

guessing your wife works with an airline? lucky dude...arapaima, taimen and wells catfish are top of the exotic list for me

I'll sleep on it lol.

For me it would be the vid Brad posted, backcountry camping Norway for char, Russian salmon, New Zealand trout, Louisiana reds, Cape Cod stripers and I'd want to fish Russia for its trout as well.

Tons of places here in Ontario I need to visit. I have to do a fly-in for big northerns somewhere, brooktrout trip (borger adventure style), st. lawrence/ottawa for ski's, st. clair, etc. The list is long. Primarily, I'd love to do a week on LOTW. Hopefully next year!

Wow,nice bonus there Colin.

largemouth bass on Falcon in Texas,

That would be a bucket list checked off.

Like others,Canada has so much to offer.

I would would be happy with a week of hand jigg,n cod out east.

What ever you chose,have a good one and look forward to the report.

B