Rain Gear

phin#9

There are a few options. Personally, I don't worry about staying dry in the middle of summer. I do however wear clothes that dry very quickly. Jeans and cotton are the worst.

For under a $100 you can get any number of plastic suits that will keep the rain off of you. The down side is that you also stand a good chance of sweating so much that you're no better off then if you didn't wear anything especially in the summer, but for the occasionally use they are very useful and economical.

I have the guidewear from Cabela's (bib and jacket) works great. They were on sale a few years ago and I saved a few hundred dollars.

If you're not using it much it's hard to justify spending $300-400 for the good stuff.

You want something cheap that will keep you dry and you won't sweat to death? Frog Togs.

I bought Frog Togg bibs! Just before we went to Nipigon. Love them!!! Dry comfy not too hot! Washed them when I got home as they were full of fish slime etc and hung to dry. Wash well!

I chose to buy the Gander Mountain jacket (guide series) and it was excellent.

You want something cheap that will keep you dry and you won't sweat to death? Frog Togs.

I bought Frog Togg bibs! Just before we went to Nipigon. Love them!!! Dry comfy not too hot! Washed them when I got home as they were full of fish slime etc and hung to dry. Wash well!

I chose to buy the Gander Mountain jacket (guide series) and it was excellent.

Watch for cabelas end of season sale on their Guidewear rain jackets & bibs,

It doesn't get much better than that.

Just came back from Chicago and stopped in the Hammond, Indiana store. They had in-store specials on the Guide wear jackets. Bought three jackets that were $299 each, but got them for $97.49 each. This price was posted on the rack and the register was not aware of it, but they honoured the posted price anyway. Actually, most of the Guidewear extreme stuff is on sale now online at $199.00 each for the jacket and bibs, so you might want to look into that. I would inquire if Cabelas Barrie would price match, but sadly, i doubt it.

I as well have the shimano gore-tex rain suit and it's insulated for cold weather fall & spring fishing and I have a north 49 Canadian tire suit for warm weather rain and they both do well !!! But yes for the colder months don't cheap out & buy a quality suit !!!! The last they work keep you dry and keep you fishing all day in late October in pouring cold rain & wind !!!!