Burlington Skyway Closed (its fishing related :) )

spincast

Go figures,

just a few minutes ago I look out and notice a CRAP tonne of traffic on King St. in hamilton. Thought maybe there was a big concert tonight downtown or something. Everyones jumping onto the 403 for obvious reasons.

Missed the news tonight, thankfully I saw this thread. Will have to give the girlfriend the heads up to leave for work tomorrow morning a little earlier

Well now that's just ducky - figuring I'm coming through there Saturday am. CRAP

There is a way around, take Regional 20 out of Niagara Falls, to Hamilton, then go through Dundas on Olympic drive up to Hwy 5, Hwy 5 to 407 and you're golden. Look on a map to see what I mean.

Edited by HTHM

There is a way around, take Regional 20 out of Niagara Falls, to Hamilton, then go through Dundas on Olympic drive up to Hwy 5, Hwy 5 to 407 and you're golden. Look on a map to see what I mean.

Thank you. I'll be sure to check it out. I use the 407 coming through. Thanks again

Eastport is not an option? Probably packed though.....Or 53 in a pinch... I would avoid the red hill and the linc during the rush.. Just my opinion having lived there. Thankfully I no longer do.

Any word on charges for the driver? Company?

G

Was looking at a map and didn't see Olympic drive.

Saw Rt 20 out of Niagara - then route 8 thru Hamilton - then to the 403 to he 407.

Not sure what route 8 is like through Hamilton.

Is 403 not a good choice to connect into 407

Thanks guys.

Rich

403 may be OK on Saturday morning, take 20 to where it enters hamilton, Centennial Parkway, there is a GM dealer on the south west corner, a shopping plaza on the north west corner and keep going straight till you intersect with Upper Gage, go south NORTH !on Upper Gage to the Lincoln Alexander expressway, go west and it will intersect with the 403. Take 403 east bound (Toronto) and you will reach the 407.

Edited by HTHM

If you are heading through on Saturday morning then you are better off staying on the QEW maybe. You will be diverted across the lift bridge.. either that or take the Redhill up to the linc, then on to the 403.. if its before 8 on a Saturday you shouldn't have too much trouble.. finding a good traffic report on the weekend can be difficult... try 680 news or 900 chml

Rich, traffic will be deverted up the Redhill Parkway/Lincoln Alexander Parkway and then down the 403 on the west side of Hamilton...It'll be bad if you hit it at morning or afternoon rushhour...

It would be around 10:00 or11:00am when I get there. Maybe the worst will be over by then.

If you are heading through on Saturday morning then you are better off staying on the QEW maybe. You will be diverted across the lift bridge.. either that or take the Redhill up to the linc, then on to the 403.. if its before 8 on a Saturday you shouldn't have too much trouble.. finding a good traffic report on the weekend can be difficult... try 680 news or 900 chml

Thought about that too. We got diverted onto that a couple years ago coming home - due to construction I believe

Thought about that too. We got diverted onto that a couple years ago coming home - due to construction I believe

I remember that year Rich what a PITA that drive was. Are you heading north tomorrow the 2nd or the next week the 9th? We're at Memquisit starting the 9th so I'm hoping things will be relatively normal by then but we come thru very early to get north of 400 before the traffic gets too bad. We'll be at the border by 5:00AM