LOTW 2014 Muskie Trip - Chapter 3 for Andrew and Pete

Fisherpete

I haven't posted here in a while but your report is worth commenting on. First of all, it was very well written and kept my attention the whole time. The pics and fish were incredible. Perfect specimens. I love the pic of Andrew in the sunset and the one of your giant covering your face. Both magazine quality. You guys killed it! Jeez, now I HAVE TO fish LOTW. Fish like that don't come easy. You guys earned them. Again, fantastic report. Now I'm gonna look at your pics one more time.

Amazing report Pete. "Another" trip of a lifetime on the books for us. Already looking forward to next years trip with you brother. Darcy knows his stuff. his knowledge of lake of the woods and his passion for Muskie are what I think make him one of the best muskie guide on LOTW right now. I have already started looking into next years trip, we need help. Lmao

Thanks everyone, it truly is incredible up there.

For anyone going to LOTW for the first time, I highly recommend going with Darcy or another top guide. The lake has infinite hazards, and navigation is not for the faint of heart. The lake also has far different muskies than we have down here - they do not behave like Kawarthas fish. There are also so many good looking places to fish, it's really hard to narrow down which spots hold fish consistently - going with a guide will speed up your learning curve immensely. Worth every penny. We've gone to LOTW for three straight years now, and fished 20 days there, but will still be going out with Darcy again next year when we get there even though we will be bringing our own boat.

Briant - Darcy was snapping away with a digital SLR, I took pics with a Nikon N1. We both got some great shots over the trip, the ones posted above are 50/50 from the two cameras.

Cheers

Pete

Well I finally got to sit here and read your post Pete. The more I read it,the more I felt like I was right there in the boat with you guys. Those are some beauty fish man..

Great report and congrats to you and Andrew.

Thanks for taking the time.

Oh BTW

Hows the bass fishing up there :tease:

Count me in too ! Haha

Wicked story with a monster musky! Congrats man, that fish is simply a beast. LOTW is still a lake I haven't fished but it's def on the bucket list!

Thanks for taking the time to post Pete

TDunn