Brook Trout Of The Taiga - Exploring The Asheweig River

solopaddler

Finally had a chance to read this whole report. Incredible.

That is all.

Oh, and Im a little jealous lol

S.

Glad you liked it Shayne.

I think people might be rolling their eyes just as you did at first. Personally I rule out the possibility of something living up there we don't know about. I would assume you would have to hear Leon tell the story personally to get the full effect.

Thanks for sharing.

No you don't have to hear Leon to get the full effect, just see Bill at the waters edge bathing himself.

"Say buddy that's a pretty sweet sweater you're wearing!".

"Wait a minute that's not a sweater!!!!!"

Bigfoot lives. :D

I'm alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, the way Leon was so casual about it definitely put the thought into my head. Crazy stuff.

I can just see Leon around the fire with his buddies after your plane took off for the South.

"HAHAHA!!! Had dem krazy round eye's believin' every word of the big foot tale!!!!" :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I can just see Leon around the fire with his buddies after your plane took off for the South.

"HAHAHA!!! Had dem krazy round eye's believin' every word of the big foot tale!!!!" :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Which is exactly what I'd have thought if it didn't jive with what I'd heard 25 years ago and again 3 years ago.

I enjoyed reading your about your trip to the Asheweig River, combined with great photos and videos. I felt like I was there and shared the excitement. I'm a bit of a brook trout nut and that river system or the Sutton really appeals to me with its rapids, pockets and swirling pools obviously loaded with brookies. The chance to wade for them appeals to me. Loved the underwater shots with the GoPro. A trip like that is on my bucket list and until then, I will live vicariously though your adventures. Thanks for sharing.

Amazing!! Simply Amazing!!

Thoroughly enjoyed all of this report, The narrative , the pics and the Videos.

I thought the rapids on Windsor were fun!!! LOL

Well done Mike

Thanks for taking the time.

ps I know there will be more

Cheers

Rick

Thanks guys. I love doing these reports as they provide me with a great record of the experience that I can look back on.

There is a ton of work that goes into them though, and it's really nice to hear the positive feedback. :)

I enjoyed reading your about your trip to the Asheweig River, combined with great photos and videos. I felt like I was there and shared the excitement. I'm a bit of a brook trout nut and that river system or the Sutton really appeals to me with its rapids, pockets and swirling pools obviously loaded with brookies. The chance to wade for them appeals to me. Loved the underwater shots with the GoPro. A trip like that is on my bucket list and until then, I will live vicariously though your adventures. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Al, and yes I know you're a brook trout nut. ;)

If you ever want to go please drop me a line as I can likely help. I'd love to see you up there fishing those waters.

I'll be fishing the Sutton again next month, pretty stoked about that. It's honestly hard to say which is better as both are amazing in their own way.

Wow Mike … I've been pretty busy this summer no real fishing to speak of so far.

I just finished reading your report for the third time. As a brook trout angler from a very young age with my dad, i can tell you that a trip like that brings a tear to my eye …lol

I can only hope that one day I will be able to do a trip like that. Your story telling is great and again brings us along on these magical fishing trips you do.

Thanks

Edited by jds63