Waterproof fishing bag

bigcreekdad

Can anyone recommend a good waterproof fishing bag to take on your boat? I've got one, and keep all my reels in it, but as it is only one large compartment, it's a real pain to dig thru it looking for something besides a reel. Would like to see some compartments.

Any thoughts?

Can anyone recommend a good waterproof fishing bag to take on your boat? I've got one, and keep all my reels in it, but as it is only one large compartment, it's a real pain to dig thru it looking for something besides a reel. Would like to see some compartments.

Any thoughts?

Just wondering why you carry loose reels in a bag on your boat?

Anyhow you might want to check out some of the tackle bags made for flyfisherman. Pretty sweet and many are waterproof. Believe Simms and Redington make some but there are many others.

Mike....Most of the reels are spares ( one each ultra light spinning,heavier spinning, and one baitcaster) or fly reels/spools with varying weights and types (sink tip vs floating). All fly reels are in padded cases.

Other stuff includes....camera, two pairs gloves, portable gps, spare cap and stocking cap, spare batteries for cam and GPS, various tippet and bite wire, extra pliers, etc etc....and I'm sure I'm missing more.

I realize that utilizing ziplok bags is a good idea, and I do for some of it, but was just wondering if anyone had come up with a fully waterproof bag with individual compartments.

the see through bags are easier to find stuff in but wear out quicker, I like the seal line bags

x2 on the SealLine bags. Had mine for more then 10 years I believe with no issues . As for a waterproof container with dividers, a Pelican case is likely your best bet but pretty pricey depending on the size you want.

This site seems to offer some better pricing.

http://www.pelicancasesforless.com/

x2 on the SealLine bags. Had mine for more then 10 years I believe with no issues . As for a waterproof container with dividers, a Pelican case is likely your best bet but pretty pricey depending on the size you want.

This site seems to offer some better pricing.

http://www.pelicancasesforless.com/

I have a pelican for my camera but, yes, quite expensive. If you want to cheap out on a waterproof hard case, get an olive barrel from a local food store. Quite a few people use them for canoeing.