In spite of the increased fines I still see it every day NF

Big Cliff

I thought there were recent changes in legislation making texting much heavier a fine, careless and points?

Pretty sure the careless and points was discussed earlier. Police can charge after an incident if its found that texting played a role? The heavier fine is lip service. You can walk into court and have the fine halved and payed on the spot. The whole "distracted" part is what gets me. Careless driving pretty much encompasses texting already and carries a bigger punishment.

I self imposed no devices while driving for myself long before it became law, drove my office nuts. The only time I would have a close call driving was while I was talking or finding a number on the cell phone.

I see it all the time in the city, mostly by young females. If I remind them about texting etc. when stopped at the light, man some of the language. One didn't recognize me until I pulled up behind her at her house. The daughter of an old pal of mine. Had her in tears and made ME feel bad. Tears seem to work well.

Cliff 2 wrongs don't make a right, you could have hurt someone else pulling around her. Ketchinany I don't think you are an idiot just not the thing to do at the time.

Sorry, what would you have me do, sit in the middle of an intersection behind her in a red light? I guess I could have just blown my horn and scared the spit out of a bunch of other cars at the intersection. I cleared the intersection as safely as I could and before the light turned red. Might not have been the right thing to do but I had seconds to decide and getting out of the way seemed like the smart thing to do at the time.

Depends on how serious the collision is. If it's bad then we can get a production order (warrant) from the cell provider. We can seize your phone as well.

But really you'll just get a careless ticket if you cause an accident anyway

You'd think that the police would be using crash data more often along with phone records, to see if the driver is lying or not.

The crash data that's stored in the vehicle's computer(s) would give you guys a mlli-second by mili second snap shots of what happened before, during and after. Things like throttle position, brakes applied or not, transmission gear, engine load ect. A whole lot of info that there's no way they could lye and not get caught in it.

Or is the warrant that hard to get?

I know we in the trade supposedly don't have access to this data; wish we could. It would stop people saying, my little Johnny said that the engine just started to make this noise for no reason. Plug in and be able to ask little Johnny why the speed was 140, engine rpm was bouncing off of 7 grand; but the brakes were applied. Honest dad I don't even know what a burn out is. LOL

Dan.

Mods...I thought name-calling wasn't permitted on this site?

If you see something that is incorrect please use the report button it will flag the post for us to review. Posting like this does not help because it does not bring the offensive post up and we have to read the whole thread and most of the time it is so far back it no longer matters.

Thanks

Art

.of course we all realize insurance companies will raise rates again right..

Nope were alright George, our Premier said their gonna have the insurance companies drop our rates 15% this year and we all know the Liberals have never lied to us before.

You'd think that the police would be using crash data more often along with phone records, to see if the driver is lying or not.

The crash data that's stored in the vehicle's computer(s) would give you guys a mlli-second by mili second snap shots of what happened before, during and after. Things like throttle position, brakes applied or not, transmission gear, engine load ect. A whole lot of info that there's no way they could lye and not get caught in it.

Or is the warrant that hard to get?

I know we in the trade supposedly don't have access to this data; wish we could. It would stop people saying, my little Johnny said that the engine just started to make this noise for no reason. Plug in and be able to ask little Johnny why the speed was 140, engine rpm was bouncing off of 7 grand; but the brakes were applied. Honest dad I don't even know what a burn out is. LOL

Dan.

We have that too but I'm not sure if a warrant is needed to retrieve the info.

As far as I know it's mostly used in fatal collisions.

It be on hell of a tool if used to its fullest.

No more Bull that "I was trying to stop, I wasn't speeding, whatever the excuse.

Well lets see the air bag deployed in frame 35, the throttle was still at 2.5 volts (Approx 1/4 open) and there's no sign of brakes being applied until frame 38; after the vehicle came to a complete stop.

Now what do you have to say?

I like those bracelets, just don't put them on so tight this time. LOL

Dan.

If you see something that is incorrect please use the report button it will flag the post for us to review. Posting like this does not help because it does not bring the offensive post up and we have to read the whole thread and most of the time it is so far back it no longer matters.

Thanks

Art

Wasn't offensive to me, I didn't post my comment to report anyone....what IS offensive is how certain types of thread topics get locked fairly quickly, while in others people can get called moron's and such without issue. JMO...and its just the internet!

Edited by Spanky