In spite of the increased fines I still see it every day NF

Big Cliff

People talking or texting on their cell phones and it's not just the odd one. The other day, a lady stopped at an intersection to make a left turn, she is so busy texting she doesn't even realize that there are no more cars coming from the oposite direction and sits there for a full 45 seconds.

I finally just went around her but by then the light was turning red, when she finally decided to go she cut off a car coming through the intersection I have no idea how the other car missed her, all I could hear was the tires, looked in my mirror and saw the car screeching to a stop.

My brother-in-law just sent me this and I thought it might be good to share it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JHixeIr_6BM?rel=0&autoplay=1&iv_load_policy=3

Pass it on, the life you save might be yours or a loved ones.

I was behind a guy who was older then me (mid 50's maybe) and at 5 consecutive red lights he was staring at his lap. Every time the light turned green there was a long delay. First 2 I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Third one I tried to go around him on the right but there was someone parked in the lane. Fourth and fifth lights he was staring down when the light turned green and I was on the horn the instant it changed. I bet he had a story at work about the "young" hothead who was behind him on his way in. Maybe he was even texting people about it as it was happening? :wallbash:

Edited by kickingfrog

Drives me nuts man... It's hard to find in a cruiser but when I'm in my own car I see it all the time

Hey Dave, if someone has an accident but claims they weren't using the phone or text, can you still tell it they actually were ??

Drives me nuts man... It's hard to find in a cruiser but when I'm in my own car I see it all the time

I'll offer to drive an OPP officer around in my truck for a day. I'll bet we'd pay a month or more of his wages in a single afternoon! Sitting up higher in a truck you get to see lots of things you wouldn't see from any car. If you want distracted driving I have a few stories I could tell :whistling:

I had a woman beside me on Langstaff , at Jane she was texting, we crossed Jane and at the next light she was texting, when we got to Edgley agains she starts, this was always at red light I might add.

I was siting there and figure I'd teach Her a lesson! Revved my car a bit took my foot off the brake and then braked, she took off and relized the light was red oops, I bet she put the phone away!

Dave, that see you coming! And hide it. Us guys that drive see it every minute!

I drive Grimsby to North East end Toronto everyday for work. I've seen things in my 35 years young that no one should see! Just sold my crotch rocket this month. Too dangerous drivin into the city with all the distracted drivers! (Bought a boat instead!) :clapping:

I had a woman beside me on Langstaff , at Jane she was texting, we crossed Jane and at the next light she was texting, when we got to Edgley agains she starts, this was always at red light I might add.

I was siting there and figure I'd teach Her a lesson! Revved my car a bit took my foot off the brake and then braked, she took off and relized the light was red oops, I bet she put the phone away!

Dave, that see you coming! And hide it. Us guys that drive see it every minute!

So instead of rolling down your window and telling her how unsafe it is to text and drive, you purposely

trick her into thinking the light was green so she could run a red a light and potentially kill a driver going through the intersection.

Some times a beep beep and a no no is enough.

Edited by aplumma
Refrain from name calling please.

Depends on how serious the collision is. If it's bad then we can get a production order (warrant) from the cell provider. We can seize your phone as well.

But really you'll just get a careless ticket if you cause an accident anyway

Thanks Dave, I wasn't sure how that worked.

Police are only being reactive.

If an accident occurs and a cellphone or other device is is implicated then there are charges.

Otherwise there is little or no enforcement. Perhaps the odd blitz but that's it.

At least that's how things appear in my neck of the woods.

I self imposed no devices while driving for myself long before it became law, drove my office nuts. The only time I would have a close call driving was while I was talking or finding a number on the cell phone.

I see it all the time in the city, mostly by young females. If I remind them about texting etc. when stopped at the light, man some of the language. One didn't recognize me until I pulled up behind her at her house. The daughter of an old pal of mine. Had her in tears and made ME feel bad. Tears seem to work well.

Cliff 2 wrongs don't make a right, you could have hurt someone else pulling around her. Ketchinany I don't think you are an idiot just not the thing to do at the time.

So instead of rolling down your window and telling her how unsafe it is to text and drive, you purposely

trick her into thinking the light was green so she could run a red a light and potentially kill a driver going through the intersection. You sir are an idiot.

Some times a beep beep and a no no is enough.

An idiot? A little harsh don't you think? No need for that comment IMO

Should be a way bigger fine+ points if youre caught txting and driving. The fact that they created a "distracted driving" ticket, when its clearly a careless charge, is crazy. Ive seen guys at 530am texting doing 130+... Im not sold on phone calls, but the punishment for texting and driving should be as strict as it gets.

Should be a way bigger fine+ points if youre caught txting and driving. The fact that they created a "distracted driving" ticket, when its clearly a careless charge, is crazy. Ive seen guys at 530am texting doing 130+... Im not sold on phone calls, but the punishment for texting and driving should be as strict as it gets.

I thought there were recent changes in legislation making texting much heavier a fine, careless and points?