Checking in and prepping for our upcoming trip

gordy28

So far its been a really busy summer - and I have only made it out onto the lake once - for an hour when Grandma (bless her) said she would watch the kids - so bro and I headed out for a quick musky fish - and lucky jerk I am - caught this guy trolling a storm kicking minnow

2014 muskie.jpg

Also just finished up a planning session for our upcoming trip - our first remote fly in with White River Air the week of Aug 23

We are going into their deluxe camp on Pickle Lake (the deluxe being hot and cold running water, indoor toilet/shower and solar electric) - heres a link

http://www.northtoadventure.com/lake_detail.php?lid=5

We are pumped to say the least - feel like we have a good meal plan, have tried to ensure we have enough gear to be comfortable but not over do it

Right now our main game plan will be to spend our initial time on the lake trolling with a mixture of cranks and harnesses off bottom bouncers to get sense of the lake/walleye locations and focus on large weedbeds casting and trolling quickly to locate pike

Once we get a feel for the lake - will look at soaking jigs tipped with crawlers for walleye and try probing deeper areas near weedbeds and shoals for larger pike

Any tips, tricks, tackle suggestions (main bait list has been put together by scouring reports on this site :), driving routes, must see stops on the way up ( we will be heading up from Newmarket - so right now our plan is to go up through the Soo)welcome

Detailed report when back - and many thanks to Mike Borger and A Dempsey as both have been very helpful with the planning of this trip

Cheers

Gordy