Barometric Pressure Trends

What about wind direction.

I find an east wind is often a bust.

But an east wind usually brings rain and low pressure

I've actually had some good luck with an east wind and all 3 of those fish I posted about earlier in this thread came with wind from the east.

I've actually had some good luck with an east wind and all 3 of those fish I posted about earlier in this thread came with wind from the east.

I've been told the old adage that wind from the West, catches the Best, wind from the East catches the Least. More proof that fishing is always worth it :)

Maybe the wind, barometer and moon phases all have an effect and sometimes one can overrule the others? It's interesting stuff

Maybe the wind, barometer and moon phases all really do make a difference and I do check them

just before or at the start of a storm can be the best fishing ever

but

I work and have a life so I can not pick and choose to go fishing when all the signs add up..so I go when I can go and I check on when the best fishing is and if there is a best time during the time I am on the water I try to be in the best spot in the area I am fishing at that time

but other then that I just fish when I can

Enjoying the thread but want to put some theories to the test. So here's the challenge:

Heading to the home lake tomorrow (Thursday) and will be available to fish from 5:00 Thursday pm through Sunday 9:00 am. Prognostications based on BP, moon phase or solnar tables would be appreciated. I will do my best to fish these times (based on consensus) and report back accordingly.

Winner gets bragging rights ;)

Lol, great plan - Moon phase can be planned ahead, I'll look into that later today. BP has to be taken real-time because you can't predict that in advance for a weekend. Same with wind.

Alrighty then, look forward to your predictions/suggestions ;) I don't have equip for BP though.

Not that it should matter but I will be fishing a medium sized inland lake in zone 15.

I go fishing based on my wife's menstrual cycle. The 1 week before menstration is the best time to go fishing.

THat was absolutely brilliant. Best laugh i've had in a while, and one of the most logical fisihing guidelines. :clapping:

Alrighty then, look forward to your predictions/suggestions ;) I don't have equip for BP though.

Not that it should matter but I will be fishing a medium sized inland lake in zone 15.

Looks like someone beat me to it. Good luck and let us know how it pans out!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...