Decent camp for musky fishing?

Toha1979

Hi folks,

i am pretty new to Ontario and don't have anyone to ask, so posting here hoping to get an advise.

I am planning to spend last week on August in some camp with the goal to open a score on Ontario musky. I mostly do jerkbaits and trolling and have all the right tackle.

I am slightly learning that Georgian Bay may be a right destination, but any other place and lake is also considerable.

So basically just looking for an advise on a camp with decent cabins, renteable boats in verified good condition and cheerful enough service fo reasonable price.

Obviously, there are a lot of lodges advertised online and I will end up selecting just one, so would be great to hear feedback and recommendations based on the recent musky trips which can help me to to make my selection.

Thanks very much for sharing any related info :)

If u r just getting started in musky fishing then I would recommend the Kawarthas. They have a ton of muskie and you should be able to get a few fish or more in the 40-48" range in a week IMO.

"Lunge Haven" in sturgeon lk is reasonable and the fishing in that area is really good. If you decide to go there send me a PM and I will give u more info as I used to fish that end of the lake for muskie regularly and we did very well.

Thanks for the hint. This place is really close to Toronto, which makes it great for one day or weekend runaways..Gonna give it a try one of the coming weekends. I'll ask some questions via PM.

I was thinking about more distant shores such as Georgian Bay for 7 days stay just to be able to enjoy some great nature views...If someone knows any other great camp, please post...

Cheers.

I would suggest West arm of Lake Nipissing lots of great areas to fish and for most its easier to get into fish there rather then Georgian Bay. As for lodges I am not sure what is a great place as the ones I have been to have either closed or have new owners so I can not be sure how they are run now but have not heard any bad reports about the new owners.

This was a great place to stay at it was close to get fishing and guys always seem to catch big musky right in front of the lodge
lots of great protected areas to fish from the wind.

The WestArm Lodge and Restaurant
Rural Route #3, St. Charles, ON, P0M 2W0
(706) 993-3964

I have heard great things about this place and its close to again awesome musky waters but closer to the main lake then west arm lodge

Memquisit Lodge
506 Memquisit Road, Monetville, ON P0M 2K0 Canada
1-888-898-5326

Here is a great site to get you into some great lodges a lot of members from the message board here use it to help them decide where to go.

http://getnorth.com/

I have heard great things about this place and its close to again awesome musky waters but closer to the main lake then west arm lodge

Memquisit Lodge

506 Memquisit Road, Monetville, ON P0M 2K0 Canada

1-888-898-5326

As Mike says, Memqusit is a great place and I've stayed there a couple times myself and will be going back in August for another 2 weeks. Some excellent musky fishing in the area with some very nice fish.

Another nice place is Mashkinonje Lodge just a few miles west of Memquisit, also on the West Arm.

I stayed there last month and the cabins and new owners of the camp are outstanding and is another place I'd recommend.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mashkinonjelodge.com%2F&ei=73TCU7bOEom1yATW8IG4BA&usg=AFQjCNFF5F_8NXO_6P2FPvvzMdpB6FaP0w&bvm=bv.70810081,d.aWw