North Caribou Lake - A Mecca For Trophy Pike & Walleye!

solopaddler

Thanks for taking the time to post this great report Mike. It was a pleasure to have met you and your family. I would also like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to fish this lake at the same time you were there.

In case any of you were doubting, the fishing really is that good. This was the best walleye trip my dad and I have been on both for numbers and average size. The fish were just everywhere.

I would like to emphasis just how nice the boats are. The swivel pedestal seats made for great comfort and the electric starts were a blessing. While we did not fish as hard or long as Mike we certainly had 100+ fish days. I certainly hope to be back there some day.

I hadn't mentioned the fact you guys were there, figured you'd chime in.

I put the word out a while back looking for more people to help fill the camp - trying to help out the outfitter. Mark stepped up and him and his group including his dad joined us for the week, they stayed in the smaller cabin off to the side but we enjoyed socializing with you guys immensely.

We shared several campfires and a couple of memorable fish fries.

Honestly Mark the pleasure was all mine, you guys are a great bunch!

Edited by Mike Borger

Did a quick breeze thru your report last night and I was already blown away ;)

I knew I need a fresh cup of coffee to really savor this...and so I did today. What a great read and an even better photo documentation. Thanks for taking the time and sharing this with us. Your enthusiasm is infectious :)

Like everyone else has already said WOW!!!!

The best part of your reports is that there's no Bull propaganda written by an advertising company or the outfitter themselves. It's the real deal we're hearing; your the reason I finally pulled the trigger and went up to Eddie North's place.

Thanks Mike.

Dan.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed and I appreciate the comments. :)

Is it Friday yet? :)

It's approaching rapidly.

Bill and I leave Friday for the remote native community of Kasabonika Lake. We'll be travelling 70km's by boat through the vast expanse of Shibogama Lake which has never been seriously fished for pike before by anyone. Then it's on to the Asheweig River and a remote outpost camp to fish for giant brook trout. The camp was built by the natives in 2003 and hasn't been used since 2005. Only a handful of groups have ever been to it and not in years.

This trip will redefine epic.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed and I appreciate the comments. :)

It's approaching rapidly.

Bill and I leave Friday for the remote native community of Kasabonika Lake. We'll be travelling 70km's by boat through the vast expanse of Shibogama Lake which has never been seriously fished for pike before by anyone. Then it's on to the Asheweig River and a remote outpost camp to fish for giant brook trout. The camp was built by the natives in 2003 and hasn't been used since 2005. Only a handful of groups have ever been to it and not in years.

This trip will redefine epic.

Wow just by how you describe that trip, it sure is another trip report to look forward to. Bill is lucky to tag along :)

Wow just by how you describe that trip, it sure is another trip report to look forward to. Bill is lucky to tag along :)

Someone has to take the pictures :) Mike and I are on the same page when it comes to giant snakes and big brookies. Every waking moment is spent fishing, no casual shore lunches, etc.. From sun up to sun down we'll be going at it hard. I can't friggin wait! Should be quite the trip.

Edited by BillM

Someone has to take the pictures :) Mike and I are on the same page when it comes to giant snakes and big brookies. Every waking moment is spent fishing, no casual shore lunches, etc.. From sun up to sun down we'll be going at it hard. I can't friggin wait! Should be quite the trip.

I have no doubt you guys will be fishing hard ;)

I have no doubt you guys will be fishing hard ;)

When I fish with Bill it's usually wolf down some wonderbread and bologna if we even remember to eat. Hopefully our native guide won't mind eating dinner at 10 o'clock LOL!

When I fish with Bill it's usually wolf down some wonderbread and bologna if we even remember to eat. Hopefully our native guide won't mind eating dinner at 10 o'clock LOL!

He's got no idea what he's in for :)