Ontario vendors for Coleman Sportcat catalytic heaters

Tootsie II

I already own one Coleman BearCat catalytic heater and want to get another one. I know they are not foolproof and I always carry a small battery operated CO detector in my pop-up trailer or tent when we use it. The CO detector which I install down near the floor probably saved my life 2 weeks ago when the propane fridge in the trailer malfunctioned. The CO detector up on the ceiling of the trailer which was factory installed never even gave out a peep. I thank God I trusted my instincts and installed the extra one down near the floor where I figured the heavier CO would accumulate if something malfunctioned.

Now back on my original topic, when I went shopping for the catalytic heater, both in the local CTC and Wal-Mart outlets, I couldn't find any. Apparently they have now been replaced by the Coleman "SportCat" which costs 2.5 times the cost of the older Bearcat.

My questions are

1) What the heck happened? Was there a multi-casualty carbon monoxide poisoning from one of these that I didn't hear about and new mandated safety features drove up the prices?

& 2) Does anyone know who might carry the new model in Ontario without having to shop on-line and is there an even an on-line dealer located in Ontario.

The only dealer I've found so far is located in Alberta.

Any help would be appreciated.

There are some things in life which will never, ever, ever, be used or installed in a living space which I or my family occupy. Any open flame device is one of them, I don't care how safe the mfgr says they are, even with a CO detector installed. They too can fail at the worst times. Secondly, CO is very near the density of regular air, just slightly lighter and will usually rise because it's warm, given off during an incomplete combustion process. Do as you wish, I like to wake up on the green sideof the lawn