LIFE SUCKS!!!

DRIFTER_016

Got the ramp relocated to a better spot and installed the decking this weekend.

Seems it gets the seal of approval from Sahtu the wonder dog. :D

IMG_3287_zpse24be332.jpg

Also finished the sub structure for the main dock and it is ready to flip over and get launched with a little help from friends on Canada Day. Will get it launched and installed along with a ton of granite boulders that will be used for anchoring the dock. Decking will get done next weekend if weather permits (not looking good right now though).

IMG_32881_zps3f9682d8.jpg

Decking will be spanning a maximum of 21" (still have blocking to put in down the middle of the main dock).

Mike the drilling was pretty easy. I rented one of these: https://www.hilti.ca/drilling-%26-demolition/combihammers/r4699

Along with the proper sized bits for the job. 5/8" holes took less than a minute to drill (about 3" deep) and the larger ones for the eyebolts took about 1 1/2 minutes and were about 4" deep.

Oh the pain and the joy LOL! I have so many wonderful memories of projects like that! Lots of hard work, sore muscles, and always a few bruses but the rewards are worth every bit of it.

Thanks for posting those pictures, it is fun to watch your progress!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cliff. :)

Got out today and got the deck installed on the main dock so now I have a working dock.

The winds have been pretty bad the last couple of weeks and the dock came through in great shape.

My guess is there must have been 3+ footers as the water came far enough up the rock to lift and move three of the four 5/4 deck boards I left at the head of the ramp.

P7050052_zps13feead2.jpg

Here are a few shots of the mostly finished dock. Still have some dock edging to put on and a couple of tie off rings.

IMG_32961_zps18d12c35.jpg

IMG_32971_zps2fccc54d.jpg

IMG_32991_zpse6bc3b0f.jpg

IMG_33021_zps0b88f150.jpg

IMG_32981_zps5e5b54e0.jpg

IMG_33051_zpscf293585.jpg

IMG_33031_zps004c12fe.jpg