emily provincial park launching

aznphil

Hi guys,

I plan to launch at Emily this weekend, can I launch before the park's opening hours, has anyone had this experience?

Anyone happen to fish in that area recently, how its it been?

thanks in advance

Gunna be a busy weekend so PLAY SAFE =)

thanks for the reply, on their phone they open the gates at 8am, so unless they leave the gates open during open season...i would think only campers are allowed in and out during closed hours and they have a different vehicle pass (not a day pass)... Nevertheless there's several launches in the area, I'll drop by later at Emily and ask just to be sure.

There is a Top Bass tournament on the Tri Lakes this weekend. Pigeon will get pounded on the Saturday, you might want to find another destination. The fishing has been a little tough, with mostly smaller fish being caught. However, this might be the weekend that the bigger fish start biting. There is another launch right on the other side of the river beside the bridge.

Edited by jimmer

thanks to everyones responses and jimmer for the heads up on the tourney...got me thinking of other spots now but it'll just be a brief outing w. the fam...

My plan was to launch from bridge opposite side of the park early w. the wife, then relax/bbq at Emily, maybe evening launch from the park or depending on fishing conditions lol

I'm hoping to be on to fish early enough so i'm off the water by the time the tourney ppl blast off...sounds ambitious right lol

All in all I think the plan sounds good, don't it?

Edited by finatic