$4,000 in Fines for Too Many Fish

Ron

Please be careful of what you post. Pulling the race card on these things is classless an quite inaccurate. Thanks.

Even though no race or culture has the market cornered when it comes to infractions, as far as this particular article reads the boys who ventured on that ooohhhh so scary path were bang on. Just saying.

I had reported a group of individuals at lung heaven cottages on sturgeon lake that had been keeping walleye on the Friday before opener and countless crappy in buckets everyday, i dont want to be rude but the new owners are no help.

I would suggest all subscribe to the Ministry site through the link TJ has so kindly provided. Some great info there.

Question about transporting live fish. If they are alive in my live well when I put the boat on the trailer am I in violation? I usually try and shut off the recirc pump well before hitting port but have found a few alive when I get to the closest store to throw a bag of ice in the livewell. I'm talking 150 perch sometimes from Erie. And I check if any are alive before leaving the marina.

But am I in violation as soon as that boat is on land and they aren't all dead?

I would suggest all subscribe to the Ministry site through the link TJ has so kindly provided. Some great info there.Question about transporting live fish. If they are alive in my live well when I put the boat on the trailer am I in violation? I usually try and shut off the recirc pump well before hitting port but have found a few alive when I get to the closest store to throw a bag of ice in the livewell. I'm talking 150 perch sometimes from Erie. And I check if any are alive before leaving the marina.But am I in violation as soon as that boat is on land and they aren't all dead?

If you are transporting them over land and they are alive then yes you are in violation.

still the fines are way to light, what happened to them taking your car. Until the laws start being enforced the way they are written things are only getting worse. Let it be known that a few people lost a lot more than $4000.00 then things will change