Looking for Fun Bass tournaments

Paudash

I just bought a proper boat and I would like to start doing some fun but cheap tournaments. I have done a few in the past but now I set to do more, not that I am good but I am just looking to do some fun ones and to give me a reason to fish a new lakes

www.cbaf.ca

Fun tournaments to be part of. Pay $90-$100 each year to be part of a member club. That fee covers the registration with FLW, gets you the magazine subscription, and a few other perks.

Each club has club tournaments, and the federation as a whole has 5 joint events on different lakes each year. At the end of each year, there is a big 2 day tournament called the Fed Cup where each club in the federation is fishing for bragging rights, in addition to some individual prizes.

Costs are $60 for boater entry fee, $40 for non boater, but the non boater is responsible for paying a $60 fee to the boater to help cover gas, oil, other costs, etc. Basically, tournament management collect the $60 non boater fee as the boater entry fee.

As a boater, you get paired with a non boater for the day and fish as a team. Great way to meet other people. I've fished a bunch of these events and by far the most fun I've had fishing tournaments. In the winter, going to the meetings and listening to some of the top anglers in the province talk is an added bonus.

Check them out, go to a local club meeting and see what its all about.

I've done it, it's fun but you're looking at some tough fishing, there are usually about 150 or so participants a day and on a small lake that doesn't leave much space. That said if you know where to go there are some big fish in that lake.

Well, there is always this fun charity 'tournament' if you could call it that. Its a friendly competition filled with great people, food and prizes.

http://www.fish-a-thon.com/Fish-A-Thon_For_A_Cure/index.html

Lake has some monster largies in it too

**and all the money raised goes to cancer research!

Edited by d_paluch